• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

asd294
    Newest Member
    asd294

• Fern
    • bxdczoo

Asiatic black bear FINALLY available after all these years...

dinorhino

A few of you might know that, aside from the content that can be downloaded from the zoo tycoon web-site, there is in fact an additional download, created by blue fang but is not on the site. The download I'm talking about is the Asiatic black bear.

A few years ago, blue fang released a mobile version of zoo tycoon 2. I've played through it before and it basically consists of caring for animals, cleaning up their muck, one exhibit at a time. Not really much fun. However, when you completed certain photo objectives, you would receive a code which you could type in on the Mobile game's site to unlock wallpapers! You can probably find them somewhere on the internet, I can provide them if I'm allowed.

The best bit, however, was that if you completed all of the photo objectives (there around eight in all), you would receive a code which not only unlocked all the wallpapers but also an exclusive zoo tycoon 2 download!

So imagine my disappointment when I typed in my code, clicked the download link and found a message of "file not found". I've emailed in-fusio about the problem but didn't receive a reply. So, after failing to find the file on the internet and various file-sharing networks, I gave up hope and forgot about it.

However, a few days ago, I was checking the zoo tycoon wiki, and I found on the news section...

The Main Site now has its 1st Download, the Asiatic Black Bear, originally by Blue Fang, converted to Dutch by Arthur, and back to English by Jntg4.

All the memories came flooding back. I registered to the site and downloaded the file as fast as I could.

However, there's a problem. For some reason, the file won't work. Judging by this thread in the site's forums, it's a universal problem, which is a shame. Of course if any zoo tycoon modding experts could lend this guy a hand I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

Apparently a dutch version of the file is already avaliable on zootycoon.nl, but I couldn't find it.

There's a short video of the bear (basically two screenshots) in this video:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BCJNIe6ggQ8

The Asiatic black bear is also in this list of animals for zoo tycoon 2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoo_Tycoon_2#Animals

Guest RSoxNo1

Nice to see that this is available somewhere. I had the mobile download, but that's no longer available. That download was very problematic, and it had every food item in the game listed as the Black Bear's preference.

It's in the temperate forest for those of you that didn't know.

• 8 months later...

Sorry, for the bump. But is does work. Version 2.1 does anyway. I had to translate it from a Dutch version fo it I found, and Cashew, the one claiming it didn't work, must have had a conflicting file, because it works for me, Kingcobrasaurus, and many tohers, he seems to be the only one having a problem with the new one.

• 4 weeks later...

I downloaded the 2.1 version, and it works for me, too. The only problems are there is no conservation status icons, the zoopedia is alittle messed up, and it is not filter in the animal bar by the conservation status: vulnerable.