Newest Member
    asd294

• strider213
    • LapisLazuli77
    • nana_nytowl

Striped Hyenas

Guest Zoogirl54

Guest Zoogirl54

I hope someone can help me........the Striped Hyenas are driving me mad! :angry_fit: I like doing themed biome zoos and my latest project is a scrub/desert zoo,so I want the Striped Hyenas for the sake of completeness.These guys fight with each other,are never,ever happy and yesterday resorted to killing each other.They have a huge exhibit(as big as the Asian Elephants),every enrichment object,shelter,tons of food and 4 dedicated keepers.On top of that I care for the exhibit myself.What more do they want?how do you make them happy enough to behave?

genkicoll

I'd like to help you, but I've never used the hyena in any of my ZT2 zoos. I have a strange animosity towards hyenas for some reason, so I've never even considered adding them.

Guest Zoogirl54

LOL Genki....I like the animals that don't get any love.....like the Hyenas and the Warthogs.................the funny thing is I have no problems with the spotted Hyenas...I just throw them into a nice big savannah exhibit and never hear from them again...but the striped Hyenas.......... :angry_fit:

genkicoll

Are the striped hyenas part of the official game content, or is it a user-made download you're using?

Guest RSoxNo1

The Hyenas were in the African Adventure expansion pack. I've found that getting a male and a female to start, and then after they've mated once or twice, add another female. Keep the exhibit small, and only keep Hyenas in it. If you want, start two separate families of hyenas and merge them after one or two litters.

Guest Zoogirl54
The Hyenas were in the African Adventure expansion pack. I've found that getting a male and a female to start, and then after they've mated once or twice, add another female. Keep the exhibit small, and only keep Hyenas in it. If you want, start two separate families of hyenas and merge them after one or two litters.

Thanks RSox..I will give it a try!

• 2 years later...
Guest Animal Studier

Hey, hyenas are my favorite animals! you could get a little help by me, what I do is to put a regular size exhibit, put one female and male hyena, once they breed and want more space I upgrade the zoo, hope I helped, but I think you tried that already, and also, it might me because I use tons of zookeepers. Hope I helped! :glitter_happy:

• 8 months later...
Guest Supercat

I would agree with RSoxNo1, but I think there is also a hack for that so they would behave less aggressively, just can´t remember where, sorry.