asd294
    Newest Member
    asd294

• Goosifer
    • (Designer)HENDRIX
    • Hawkkeye666

A Bunch of ZT2 Questions

partywolf

Since I am playing ZT2 during a road trip with no internet... I have a couple of questions.

Um... how do you add downloads? Is there a folder that you place them in like ZT1???

Can you hire zookeepers or are you the zookeeper yourself??

If you want to make animals, (just somethin' to know anyway) is it in-game or do you need something like APE for ZT2??? I read somewhere that it's in-game, but that couldn't be right???

Can I survive in the Download Forest of ZT2 if I don't have any expansion packs, as long as I don't download Marine animals or dinos or extinct animals???

What are some good downloads to have?? Best buildings?? Best animals (already downloaded Paardjee's Pokémon all except for Numel)????? Best scenery??? Fences...flowers... etc???

How many downloads can ZT2 for PC hold?? For Mac.. if anyone knows???

On Zoo Admin Download Directory on some ZT2 Files, like the Temperate Forest Pack (ps, Animalz, it works... uh.... I think (edit: my attempt failed...) it says, "Compatibility: ZT2, ES" um... what does ES stand for???

Does anyone have the Temperate Forest Pack from the Downloads Directory??? Pretty please PM it to me!!!

Sincerely, Partywolf,

PS I AM GOING AWAY ThIS WEEKEND AND I WONT HAVE ANY INTERNET SO ILL MISS YOU!!! Guess what? My Science Quiz and Math Test were easy since I studied!!! PARTY!!!!! I get my other Science Test back tomorrow... cross your fingers!! Although my teacher already told me I miss 10+ points from the total... *gulp*

Credits,

Paardjee for creating the Pokémon ZT2 Animals

Everyone who helped make ZT2

APE and Animalz for inspiring me with their photos

Animalz for answering some of my other questions

I don't play ZT2 on mac, but this might be useful....

Um... how do you add downloads? Is there a folder that you place them in like ZT1???
For PC you just download the file, Save it to the folder "ZooTycoon 2" extract the file, and there you go. )If you neeed a more detailed tutorial PM me)

Both. You can hire Zookeepers, or go into Zookeeper Mode to feed animals, clean trash, and much more.

If you want to make animals, (just somethin' to know anyway) is it in-game or do you need something like APE for ZT2??? I read somewhere that it's in-game, but that couldn't be right???
I do not know how to design stuff so you might want to wait for someone else to answer that...

Can I survive in the Download Forest of ZT2 if I don't have any expansion packs, as long as I don't download Marine animals or dinos or extinct animals???

Maybe... I know that there are still many downloads for just ZT2 Content.

What are some good downloads to have?? Best buildings?? Best animals (already downloaded Paardjee's Pokémon all except for Numel)????? Best scenery??? Fences...flowers... etc???

I used to go to ZA all the time, but it doesn't have ZT2 downloads anymore becuase it crashed. You can find some at ZT2ABC, ZTU, ZT2DC, and many other places.

I have no idea how many downloads the PC can hold, I just stock up on downloads... I think you might want to limit your downloads for the mac, because ZT1 doesn't hold much for mac.

I hope some of this info helps. :)

genkicoll

Well, as requested, I'll answer your questions, but I'm afraid I don't have much more info than you've already gotten:

Unzip the files and put the .z2f files in your main Zoo Tycoon 2 folder (we have a topic explaining how to do this for both ZT1 and ZT2 in the Q&A section, I think)

Either. You can be the zookeeper (and I recommend it so that you can save money), but eventually you'll get so many animals that you can't take care of them all, so you'll need to hire zookeepers at that point.

It's complex. There's something called APE2, but it's really just an instruction manual. I never have figured out how to design for ZT2 (though I didn't try that hard :tongue:)

Probably. You should be able to tell which animal the new creature is based on, and if you don't have that (original) animal in your game, chances are that the download won't work for you.

I don't really download all that often. Well, I take that back. I have downloaded a lot of items, I've just never used them :laugh:

NO idea.

On Zoo Admin Download Directory on some ZT2 Files, like the Temperate Forest Pack (ps, Animalz, it works... uh.... I think (edit: my attempt failed...) it says, "Compatibility: ZT2, ES" um... what does ES stand for???

ES is Endangered Species, which actually refers to a downloadable pack for ZT1, not ZT2. I think they meant EA, Extinct Animals.

thegirlwiththeflute

Endangered Species is also an XP for ZT2. ;)

ES = Endangered Species

AA = African Adventure

MM = Marine Mania

EA = Extinct Animals