• Most Online

Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• TRIFORCE89

Zt Crashes? Too many files?

Guest Allvera

Guest Allvera

Okay so I'm a little download happy. I've downloaded lots of things and I've never had a problem with them. The past few days, I've downloaded things I liked but didn't go to put them into the game until today. Well, when the game had to restart to load the new stuff, it got about 1/3 of the way through loading then crashed. I tried again and the same result. I went through and, over the course of a few hours, carefully moved just a few files at a time, then loaded ZT to see if it'd crash. It was fine. Then, when it would eventually crash, I'd go through and move only half of the files I moved the last time so I could find the problem file. Again, all was fine, until I got to over 400 files in ZT. I was able to put in one more so 401, but, every time I try to add another file, no matter what file it is, even ones that I've used before, the game crashes until I take the file out. I've tried several different files and it always happens when I get to 402 files or more. Is there a limit or something? I'm really frustrated because I spent a lot of time working on it and I still can't fix it and now I'm afraid to play saved files because they may have an animal in there that I took out when I was trying to find the problem file. Can anyone help?

EDIT: Forgot to mention I have zt1, mm, and dd. Also, ever since I last updated my graphics driver, the loading screen flickers constantly until it finishes loading, then it's fine. But when I took all usermade stuff out, the screen was still doing that. Should I maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling then putting the usermade files in?

Yes there are limits to how many files you can have. I think it's around 365 files although, it varies with game/machine.

Exactly what Alicia said, the game can only handle around 350 files give or take. It depends on how big each file is, but the general amount is around that number. I'm very surprised that you even made it to 400 files untill your game crashed.

You'll just have to narrow your list of downloads down as there is nothing you else you can do to fix this problem.