• Total Members
    • Most Online

Sillything
    Newest Member
    Sillything

• (Professor Emeritus)Professor Paul
    • LapisLazuli77
    • Goosifer

Is there a way to alter a Scenario map to be Freeform?

ZooGrammy

ZooGrammy

I have wanted to ask this for a long time as some of the scenario maps are so much nicer than the freeform maps. I would love to use them.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pukkie

• Fern

• ZooGrammy

• Menolly

Savannahjan

I don't know if they can be altered, but I know you can use them anyway. I used one for the October/November individual contest, but can't remember which one now, an MM one I believe. After I opened the senario, I named and saved the zoo, then opened it up with the map editor and did lots of changes on the outside. The senario never "finished", can't remember if the objectives were still displayed when you clicked over on the left hand side of the map. You might try it and see if you get the same result.

Guest Caddienoah

ZG,

Couldn't the scenaria be saved under another name...to the saved game file...then renamed again to do any alterations if needed...with the map editor?...then wouldn't it be able to be used however you choose...without the rest of the scenario coming into account...

If anyone can answer this it's casey. He did the programing for the scenerios available at ZA so I'm sure he'll do some testing of his own to see what can be done and if the objectives can be taken out if the editor is used.

The maps are programmed to be used as scenarios.

The maps can be programmed for use as freeform maps. I will take a look at it, since there are a lot of members who are interested.

ZooGrammy

Casey, thank you so much for looking into this. It would be just wonderful to be able to use these maps.

Menolly

We are wanting to use the maps as freeform not senerios, Pukkie. There are some nice ones that would like to use and not have a scenerio running all the time.