Newest Member
    Sladhued

• MaastrichianFan
    • Fern
    • Hawkkeye666
    • ZooForce11

Zoo Tycoon UCI animals.

KTesch

Would the Red Kangaroo from ZT 1 be compatible with either the Western or Eastern Grey Kangaroo or both, also wallaby and walleroo?

2. How about any of the Bears in the game with the Sun Bear or Spectacled Bear?

I just downloaded the Walleroo from ZKL, but don't know where to put the files. None of the files are .ZTD,.ZOO or DLL. Please help. Never mind. the Walleroo doesn't work. There's no icon in my game for it.

Kim

All the ZKL animals work but some of them download as .ztd.zip and some just as zip. There are losts of instructions at ZKL on what to do if what happens to you happens.

Fern,

The file is a .zip file and says to right click on the download and hit "Save Target as, but once I do that and put everything where it goes and then go to check, the Walleroo picture doesn't show, it's a blank box with the description, so there has to be something missing in the download somewhere, as last night was the second time I tried it with the same results. Do you know what's wrong and where I can find these instructions?

Kim

Many of ZKLs downloads are ztd files and the browsers don't like that and often will change the .ztd to .zip or .ztd.zip

So what you do next depends. Does your computer show file extentions like .doc, .txt or or any of the others? If not you need to use Tools/Folder Options/Views and make sure "Hide extentions for known files" is NOT ticked.

Walleroo should have downloaded as a ztd.

Now you need to remove what you added so I will assume you put it in dlupdate.so in dlupdate there will now be a folder called "animals". You need to delete this.

I just downloaded it and I use XP and it downloaded as a zip. So you need to rename the file from Walleroo.zip to Walleroo.ztd

Fern,

I found a Tools here in the Internet Address Bar deal, but it didn't show what you said, so I went to my Control Panel and clicked on Show Hidden Files and Folders?? The other one, Hide extensions for known file types isn't checked. On ZKL's website, it says to right click on the link and choose Save Target As, which I did both times I tried to download this file. None of the files inside however changed to.ztd's or whatever they're supposed to do, so I don't understand what else I'm supposed to do. No, I haven't actually put the files in my dlupdate, but I did put stuff in this Animals Folder. I'm not sure if there's something I'm not getting or why it won't download the way it's supposed to. Wait a minute, I just went back and reread your message, you said to rename it from .zip to .ztd, but how do I do that?

Kim

Sorry about that I am not used to doing this.

In "My Computer" or "Windows Explorer" to rename it rightclick on the zip and choose rename. Then type in the correct extenion .ztd. It will ask you if you really want to change the extension. Click yes.

If that does not work you need to make a post at Zookeepers lounge for them to answer more.

The threads to read there are http://www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/index.php?showtopic=144

Fern,

What I did was to Backspace the Walleroo.ZTD.ZIP in the file bar deal, and just retype it as Walleroo.ZIP and then popped the whole thing into my Updates Folder, not my dlupdates folder and when I went to check to see if it was there, it was. Your method however, sounds a lot easier, but I was wondering if there was a method I was supposed to use.

Thanks.

Kim

Fern,

What I did was to Backspace the Walleroo.ZTD.ZIP in the file bar deal, and just retype it as Walleroo.ZIP and then popped the whole thing into my Updates Folder, not my dlupdates folder and when I went to check to see if it was there, it was. Your method however, sounds a lot easier, but I was wondering if there was a method I was supposed to use.

Thanks.

Kim

Walleroo.ZTD.ZIP should be changed to Walleroo.ZTD by just changing its name. Then it should work in your game. Once you know what to do when you see this, you just use whatever method works best for you. For me it is using the right click then clicking rename. There are a number of files at ZKL like this. But it would take a lot of time to change them and the site is very quiet these days.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have an answer to my question in the first post in this thread regarding the following animals and compatability: Red Kangaroo (ingame) with Western Grey, Eastern Grey, Wallaby and Wallaroo? I'd like to download these provided my game doesn't crash, which it always seems to after so many downloads. I can never remember how many the game allows and I have the tendency to go download crazy sometimes.

Kim

Savannahjan

I've found that the number of UCIs your game can handle can depend on your computer. When we had the Dell (provided by my work) with a P4 processor, I could hold about 350 at a time and the game would work just fine. Now that I have only this little P3 laptop, I can only get about 250 in there comfortably.

I have never used these other animals, Kim, but you could perform a test to see what the animals need. Take all your downloads out and put them in a folder on your desktop. Than put in the animals, which should be tolerable for you game, unless of course the animals have some programming problem. Then build an exhibit for each one and see just what they need. I would think these could habitate together, but it would be a good way to find out.

Please let us know if you do find more info about them, it would be good to know. Also, is there an emu anywhere? These might all be able to live together, and it would be nice to have an Aussie zoo section.