• redwolf
    • RangerRobin
    • Goosifer
    • pdn
    • MsOnary
    • bxdczoo

Most annoying animals!

Guest Kiwi

This goes for OFFICIAL animals. No user made ones, we know they have bugs.

1. Secretary Bird-Needs a lot of space, and if it's missing one square it'll go on a rampage and kill everything in the exhibit.

2. Wolverine-kills others for no reason.

3. White Rhino-Never drinks!

4. Galapagos Tortoise-crashes my game, sometimes I even will get a blue screen!

5. Asain/African Elephants-With EA installed, the males are always pink! There was a bugfix for this, but I can't find it.

6. Bottlenose Dolphin-When I first got MM I would make a coastal mix exhibit and the dolphins and sometimes the sea lions would kill everything in the exhibit. Really annoying, but they don't do that for me anymore.

7.Dinos-I always have problems with them rampaging for no reason, their needs are perfect. And when I don't feel like capturing them myself, the Dino Capture Team moves 1 MPH.

This goes for OFFICIAL animals. No user made ones, we know they have bugs.

1. Secretary Bird-Needs a lot of space, and if it's missing one square it'll go on a rampage and kill everything in the exhibit.

2. Wolverine-kills others for no reason.

3. White Rhino-Never drinks!

4. Galapagos Tortoise-crashes my game, sometimes I even will get a blue screen!

5. Asain/African Elephants-With EA installed, the males are always pink! There was a bugfix for this, but I can't find it.

6. Bottlenose Dolphin-When I first got MM I would make a coastal mix exhibit and the dolphins and sometimes the sea lions would kill everything in the exhibit. Really annoying, but they don't do that for me anymore.

7.Dinos-I always have problems with them rampaging for no reason, their needs are perfect. And when I don't feel like capturing them myself, the Dino Capture Team moves 1 MPH.

1- That's true, sadly.

2 - It happens, but it works fine if you keep them fed. I've also in the past had a few adjacent enclosures and kept them seperated, but they could see each other.

3 - Can't answer to that, I don't like the rhinos in the game.

4 - It's strange, you seem to be the only one having that problem.

5 - I believe I have the fix somewhere, just pm me.

6 - They do sometimes kill other animals, but I don't normally keep them in mixed exhibits.

7 - Yes, the capture team are a bunch of lazy people. And dinosaurs are sensitive. That's one of the reason I've never liked them.

I'm also irritated about all the extinct animals, and snow leopards can be hard at times too. Giraffes cause troubles when kept in hilly enclosures, so may elephants. And wolfs kill each other all the time, having a real pack is almost impossible. Good there's a hack on Caldera these days.

I would love the wolf hack but I can usually get a real pack. I can let one dominant pair breed like they do for real and then all the offspring grow up and they function like a pack and family members DON'T kill each other.

My elephants are never pink unless they are actually sick.

My rhinos drink unless they can't reach it...

I keep my dinos just right. I have found that some MUST have a shelter cause if they don't (even when their needs say they're fine) they will rampage.

My wolverines only fight when they're hungry. But in real life, they are territorial so we should expect this.

BUT things that DO annoy me are:

1. Triceratops are nearly impossible to contain. They always want to bash something even when they are not rampaging!

2. Gerenuks will not drink from ground water. This messes up the effect of having a natural scrub exhibit!

3. Meerkats want ground water and most of the time refuse to drink from a dish after a while.

4. Large animals can't ever reach anything!

5: ZOOKEEPERS ARE STUPID--They can't reach an animal that is dying practically at their feet!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Aragorn Girl

Hi everyone I've been away for ages and just started playing ZT2 again. So far, I've only had one annoying animal. My sivatheriums (sivatheria? :P) never stay contained, even with the big dino fences. Sometimes they seem to 'hyperspace' to other corners of the zoo. It's rather annoying. I've had a couple of dinos rampage when they've just been put into their exhibits for some weird reason, usually it seems to be because they can't reach a food dish, which is being blocked by their partner. I tranquillise them and they don't seem to have any troubles after that.

I love the wolverines, the guests love them, and I find if I just have one family, release the kids when they grow up, and replace the adults when they're getting old, they're no trouble at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the bump, but I want to say something.

The ramapaging dinosaurs are ridiculous! I was making a dino zoo a few weeks back and the dinosaurs will be perfectly happy and the just rampage, they were even having a smiley face above their head while they did it. Trikes, Utahs, and ankys are the worst. But really, I don't usually use the ingame dinos because they're so...ugly...