• (Admin)Cricket
    • Goosifer
    • MarkBL20
    • Tyler Hake1
    • bxdczoo

ZT2 Money Problems

Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy

I have seen a few hints on how to make money, but on the whole I fins it very boring to wait forever on the zoos to make money. I enjoy building nice realistic zoos that don't take weeks to complete.

Are there any actual money cheats for Zoo Tycoon 2? In ZT1 you could hold down <shift> and <4> to drastically increase your starting cash.

genkicoll

I have read that if you hold down the up arrow on the page where you choose the zoo you're going to work on, it will increase the money you have when you start. Of course, on the freeform games, your $ is unlimited.

Chickndaddy

I will try this. I just purchased the game a few days ago, and while I enjoy some of the new features the money issue is a major headache. Also, if you have water in the exhibit do you need to add a bowl or trough of water? Or will the animals drink from the pond or stream you gave them?

you always need to add a bowl Phoenix They do not drink from the water on the floor, at least I have never seen them doing that whilst I was playing and they give a I am that thirsty message (almost like in deep red coloured icon)

Chickndaddy

Thank you pukkie, that is good to know.

Well the money thing doesn't work or I'm not doing it right (which is entirely possible). I have been draining the cash of my zoo guests when they have been donating which has helped some...Seems like the women donate more than the men or children... :whistilin:

Actually pukkie, you're wrong. Leave it to the people who play Zt2 all the time. :wink:

Most animals drink out of shallow water in their exhibits. But some of the small animals, like the Red Panda or Ring Tailed Lemur for instance, might get caught in the water and will complain that they can't swim.

Well I am sorry but when I play and don't put the bowl in say with the gazelle the gerenuk the bears then their first level will get deep red

they do seem to drink from the pool but they don't get less thirsty

It doesn't have anything to do with how often you play In my game they keep being thirsty unless a bowl is placed

And it is even more annoying when they have that too and then horror they are still thirsty

That's alright I have played it quite a lot in the beginning as did my kids when I was to move out a decade ago It went in a moving box

it feels like it has been ages ago though I have played and it was a stupid thing to do as I am still living here

I guess I will be playing again when I have it reinstalled but things I remember most are all the annoying ones like the thirsty issues

whilst they have the bowls filled

zookeepers sitting on the bench whilst animals are sick and need healing

empty trashcan will the trash is all over the floor

Hungry guests passing the restaurant and just don't go in or the tired ones who refuse to use the benches

Animals walking out the zoowall

guest all of a sudden walking in the midst of an animal exhibit and still they can't see the animals from up there :risitas6ba0:

I mean how close do you need to be? :fryingpan:

I better stop here before I decide not to reinstall it lol

Trying hard to think of something nice I remember .....

yes the birth of endangeroud babies celebrated with them cute balloons and the red panda

The red panda yes definitely will be playing again one day :wub: IF and WHEN I am finally moved