Newest Member
    Sladhued

• SKazoroski
    • MarkBL20
    • bxdczoo

Combining files-which ones?

barbinflorida

barbinflorida

I have been reading the instructions for combining files-over and over. I understand it is to allow more items in the game etc. My question is what should you combine? all flowers, all statues, all foliage, etc.? I have also been reading about organizing your downloads and it would seem that the combined files should be limited to individual sites.

Should you combine items for a particular theme or have several combinations containing some of the same files for different uses, as a combined flower file and one of just one color--does my question make any sense?

I don't go in for many user created animals or buildings but for the most part like scenery items. I also wonder if I should even bother since I don't really download everything out there.

Thanks, barb

(this is exciting and terrifying to keep trying new things!)

genkicoll

You'll find a couple of mega-packs in our downloads database, plus we're in the process of updating so that there is a combined file with each pack. I just have too many projects :24:

Just do a search for the word mega, and you'll find huge combined files for rocks, flowers and... walls and roofs, I think? Plus there are some combined theme packs like Egypt, Imperial China, Brick-theme, Atlantia and Secret Garden.

Anyway, when you combine your own files, there is no rule for what to combine - it's all personal preference. I like to combine packs that are themed, that go well together. Combining is not something you HAVE to do, as long as you organize your downloads and only put in the game what you want to use for that particular zoo. You might have a theme going and want to combine the items for that zoo, then move the individual files back to your holding folder.

I have a mega foliage combined file and a mega path combined file - all foliage in one file and all paths in one file - the Tek ones that is. I have a few cat combined files but the other animals I do it usually according to where they are from unless I have a few of a certain species like my cats.They say not to combine buildings but I do and have not evewr had a problem with them.These I combine similar buildings together.