SadakoRei13

• Faxiel
    • ryrysnysny
    • pukkie
    • kxpbleed
    • And 1

Who is the oldest Zoo Tycoon site

Ruud

Our site ZooTycoon.nl is on August 2, 2009 8 years become. I think this is the first en oldest site in the world.

But, is that true?

Are there another site they older of not. Yes or no.

We have many Zoo Tycoon sites, I was just wondering if this.

What you thinking ?

Do you mean site that is still going?

It might be the oldest site that is still working.

TycRes and ZTU (Belgium - Jens old site) were very early but they have long since gone

I have asked Jay how old Zookeepers Lounge is.

ZT Unleashed is almost 6

Yellowrose will know how old ZA is.

Then there is ABC......

edit: there was also DJ pluffs ZT Design that was a very early site too.

Zoo Admin dates back to early 2001, when Zoo Tycoon was in beta testing stage. Go to archive.org and look up zoo.ogresnet.com or something like that and you will see stuff about how old it dates back.

From Jay re ZA

I was able to find the the original Zoo Admin site before it went to Ogresnet:

http://web.archive.bibalex.org/web/2001113...oon.tripod.com/

As can be seen, they existed August 1, 2001, and probably earlier. So they would be older than ZooTycoon.nl as well, if ZooTycoon.nl was created August 2, 2001.

and Yellowrose:

The original owner of ZA was a beta tester from early beta versions I estimate ZA to be about 9 years old and according to Ogre the site had been online about 1 year before being added to Ogresnet

Zoo admin joined Ogresnet network in October of 2001 but had been owned by someone else for about a year before that. The original owner of ZA was an early beta tester for Zoo Tycoon so that makes ZA actually just over 9 years old and possibly one of the oldest ZT sites still online and somewhat active.

• 1 year later...

I do remember the switch with ZA with ogersnet. I was real young at the time, and thanks to all the computer problems I had as a kid back then I was learning fast how to fix computers. (So that's where my love of computers comes from hahaha... it also comes from my uncle and cousins xD)

• 10 months later...

is the official ZT site.

We are talking about fansites, not the company site. I am not sure there is much at the official site about ZT1 anymore either.

Savannahjan

I can remember seeing a claim on Zoo Tycoon Unlimited's page, circa 2002, that their's was the oldest ZT site. I am assuming it was owned by Eva then, but I don't remember when the start date for them was. May not be the first, but it was one of the early ones. And does anyone who was a member of Tycres remember when they started? Wish there were more of the original fans still around.