• Most Online

Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• (Admin)Savannahjan
    • Fern

Need help with Aviary Cage

barbinflorida

I have printed out the instructions to assemble the cage. They seem very clear but I cannot place any animals. Perhaps some further clarification will help me.

I have placed the entrance, rotated 180 and placed on top of the first. The first cage I made, I put the cage extensions in the middle of the tile, the next cage I put them on the edge.

The first cage, I placed all the walls and corners but the roof was hanging over the edges. I thought I must have the walls and entrance wrong so I deleted it and then placed the entrance on tile edge. Then I put all the walls and corners in, on the edges of the tiles. I then surrounded them with invisible fencing, except for the 'doorway'. I placed all the roof sections but one, some needed to overlap because I did not measure it out so they would fit. I left off one roof section but could not put any bird in. I then put an invisible fence piece over the entrance but that did not close up the space. I went back and redid the invisible fence. I can tell where it is going by watching where the little green dot is on the square. I went right over top and covered all the wall sections. Still not an exhibit.

For some reason I am not closing the cage up with the invisible fencing. Is there a trick to this or am I just super dense.?

In either case, I didn't see where the corners took up only 1/4 tile. When I had them set that way, the roof was hanging over the edges. Can anyone understand what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any help, barb

genkicoll

The easiest thing to do is to place REGULAR fencing first, with the fence pieces facing "in" towards your exhibit.

Build your aviary cage as desired.

Replace regular fencing with invisible fencing.

I'm not any good with the aviary either but I can tell you the best way to use the invisible fence is to lay a regular one out first and then go back and rep[lace with the invisible fencing

EDIT: lol Genkikins I see we were posting at the same time!!!

Thanks, fellow night owls.

Do you put the aviary gate where the fencing gate is? I have place all my invisible just as you said, in fact I thought I did it that way-no I didn't, I placed the cage and went over it with the invisible-must have missed something.

That tutorial helped a lot-thank you! However, I still don't understand the corner pieces; they are supposed to only take up an inside corner but I couldn't get it to work that way and still have the roof sections not hang over. But, I did follow the tut. and had no trouble replacing the invisible fence. I guess I need to keep experimenting!

Thanks so much for all your help. (This contest is obsessive!) barb:)

To be honest I never use the corner pieces as when you build it with a fence facing inwards you don't need too

Would you place the fence facing outwards the exhibit then you can use the corner piece

However it makes the exhibit harder to decorate in the corners as gets in the way of anything you want to put there

Ah, ha! that makes sense. thanks, there is always more than one way to do some things. as for the contest, I have found that the magpiegoose is a prolific breeder and lives a LONG time-have had to sell over 50 of them twice yesterday. thanks, barb

lol Yes, the magpie breeds quicker than the warthogs and is a poop machine. Those plumed whistling ducks are right behind them though. At least their poop is the small one.