• Total Members
    • Most Online

hshelby99
    Newest Member
    hshelby99

• nana_nytowl
    • DeWetsWild
    • Goosifer

Tired of cartooney animals? Download these.

Eragon845

Click Here

While you're waiting for Aurora Designs to make Radical Remake, those reskins really help to improve the realism of some of the animals, it makes the Black Rhino and Reticulated Giraffe useable again. (I couldn't stand using them in the past because of how cartooney they were)

At first I didn't notice much of a difference but looking at the crocodile and the beaver made me realise just how photo-realistic they look.

ZT2's cartoon art style is something that grinds my gears a lot... it could use a massive revamp. Not just animals, but guests, foliage, buildings all made to look more realistic...

These people are in the process of revamping the whole game. It looks great, most of the new animals are very realistic and I would compare the models to Wildlife Park 2. They also have a beautiful Mustang bonus download.

These people are in the process of revamping the whole game. It looks great, most of the new animals are very realistic and I would compare the models to Wildlife Park 2. They also have a beautiful Mustang bonus download.

dg4i90.jpg

IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS AND BIRTHDAY ROLLED INTO ONE

The picture is basically my reaction when I saw the screenshots!

I mean WOW! These look AMAZING! I can't wait for this to be released, just looking at the shiny new interface and the amazing animal models/skins. It looks like a playable version of WLP2, and without all the annoying design issues.

All it needs now is a coherent storyline, bigger maps and a video camera and we've got something beautiful.

THIS IS WHAT ZOO TYCOON 2 SHOULD HAVE BEEN

Yeah, WLP2 is a great game but there were a few minor issues, like how the animals literally turn in place when they turn around and don't have many animations. Deep Silver, being mostly a European country, mistranslated parts of the US version, slapped the name Wildlife Zoo on it and sent it over. They still haven't released any of the expansions here either.

When you said storyline, I couldn't agree more. When I first played WLP2 and saw it had a storyline, I wasn;t too excited, but actually, I liked it a lot and made the scenarios more interesting. The ZT2 scenarios are boring and not much fun to play, in my opinion.

The storyline in WLP 2 actually had me hooked. It's not exactly A+ writing material but it's enough to keep you playing to find out what happens next.

I always thought that the scenarios in zoo tycoon 2 were rather lazy though. "The actor Tom Bruise has come to your zoo dressed as a caveman!" they couldn't even be bothered to create a unique skin for the actor. All the goals are the same (take a picture of a dodo eating fruit, get 200 guests within 2 years...) and there's very little variety; it's always maintaining a zoo...

WLP2 on the other hand had a lot of variety. In both the first and second games you find yourself caring for pandas, okapis and other wild creatures. On one scenario you're out hunting yetis whilst avoiding snow hares. I think if Zoo Tycoon 2 had a solid plot and some more features, I would play it so much more.

Also in Zoo Tycoon 2, building exhibits was too easy. Usually all you had to do was sweep over the exhibit with the biome brush, place food, water and a toy and the animal would have happiness in the 70-80 region. It's nice that they got rid of the incredibly fussy animals from the previous game but I think they overdid it a bit.

I think if Zoo Tycoon 2's playability and Wildlife Park 2's realism were merged then we'd have a brilliant zoo building game. And I think that this project could be the answer! This pack combined with a stat changing project would be great. I'm pretty sure there was a realism project on ZT2 a while ago actually...

• 3 weeks later...

Wow thanks so much for posting this! I love that mustang download too ..