Punki MeT
    Newest Member
    Punki MeT

• Goosifer
    • genericthrowaway769

stuck guests

Guest Tycoon_mom

Guest Tycoon_mom

Zootek friends, once again I have a problem. When my guests exit a building (specifically village ski school and espresso shop, they get "stuck". They move one or two squares and then just keep piling up on top of each other. If I pick them up and move them by hand, sometimes they revive, sometimes they just stay stuck. At first I thought I had left some invisible fencing around or even decorative fencing (sometimes this causes pileups, like if you put it behind a bench or picnic table). But I erased everything on that area of the map and this did not help. I checked my download file and found that I had more than 350 files, so I reduced that number drastically. No change. In frustration, I used the Alfred Hitchcock easter egg to get rid of all the guests, thinking maybe these guests had been "forgotten" by the game and new guests would not have this problem. No luck, but all the stuck guests did immediately run to the exit!

I have been using many of Jane's buildings to make my own Feb contest zoo. Some mention a "Jane lang file" but I have not found any such file to download. Could this be the problem?

thanks for your help

tycoon_mom

No that won't be the problem I try to explain with some screens

(using the coffee house as that one is just the best!)

I made one with the grid on to make the point as this building need some free space around them or the guest stuck problem can occure

The trick is try to leave one tile free around the house

You can defind by where you can place a pth by using a one tile item f.i flowerbed

In this screen I use the Iceblock Where you can place such item is the place where the path should go and try to avoid putting anything else there as then guests gets blocked

So then you can replace what ever items you used for a path of your choice and then start decorate

I hope this solves your problem :hug2:

ZooGrammy

Tycoon Mom. the lang dll file that is called the Jane Lang file in some of the descriptions is the Lang Phoenix dll. We have two here one is the Lang Fern Tek dll that Fern adds to. The other is the Lang Phoenix dll that Jane adds to. Sorry for the confusion.

Guest Tycoon_mom

Thank you but this does not solve the problem. I have the correct, recent lang files in my ZT root directory. I rearranged the paths a bit; it seems the stuck problem has to do with the burger stand that I keep trying to put near the ski school. Guests who walk up to the stand get a hamburger and then don't move to a table. This happens with UCI riverock burgers and with the in-game burger stand. I will try to show a screenshot here. Sorry my computer is so lame - I am doing it as an attachment.

Hey it worked! The top picture is after I rearranged the paths around the ski school. See the people piled up in front of the burger stand on the right?

The bottom picture is from before; the people are piled up in front of the froyo stnad. If I move the guests by hand, they will find a table and sit down to eat.

ZooGrammy

Jane made these snowy buildings but Brandi made the river rock restaurant that you mentioned. That pack has been updated to fix that problems.

Okay. The problem with Brandi's River Rock pack had nothing to do with stuck guests. Last Updated: Oct 12/13 2007, 12:55 AM Pack updated! Will no longer crash your game, and the bathroom is now compatible with all versions of Zoo Tycoon. Thanks, Fern!

Now from Jay:

"It is always difficult to say what specific thing causes guests to get stuck. That happens from 2 general categories: something including an older guests.ai file, even if it is not actually in the zoo, or something that the guests unexpectedly "enter" but do not disappear, such as benches and tables, although could include other things.

It is difficult to check buildings when actual names are not used. I took a quick look at a rrcafe, a rrburgers, and a Stenmarkskischool. The slots in Stenmarkskischool are not actually correct. (The X value was used in the calculation instead of the Y value.) So guests would go in and out of it from 2 squares away from the building instead of from 1 square away. But I would not expect that to cause a problem with guests getting stuck. If that location is blocked, guests should not even be entering the building and would ignore it."