Thorbjc
    Newest Member
    Thorbjc

• pdn
    • Zooup

Tycoon_mom's Zoos

Guest Tycoon_mom

Guest Tycoon_mom

I'm flattered that you want to see my creation. I started with the Asian highlands medium map, then sculpted the middle to create the fjord and skislopes. :th_hapydancsmil:

I'm not real good at sending attachments, so here goes:

Here is a view of my zoo entrance. To the left you can see this quaint little town is having a snowman/ice sculpture contest near the skating pond to welcome their international guests. Behind the inn is a path through woods inhabited by wild birds, Nordic moose, Altai eagles, and Nordic brown bears, to name a few.

To the right of the entrance you will find the slopes for skiing, snowboarding, and sledding, as well as various animals (caribou, gyrfalcon, Eur. mouflon). Use the ropeway to travel direct from the town to the slopes, or meander along the freshwater source of the fjord past the many marsh-dwelling birds. At the bottom of the slopes, enjoy a hot drink or watch the experts in the skidome. (I've never been skiing (despite having 7 small downhill ski places within 20 miles) so I didn't really know what they should look like.) I used the in-game ice path.

Here is the downstream end of my fjord. I meant the tank to blend seamlessly to the outside world, but despite many tricks, it didn't. I love the lacey fences (CJwalls). Here we find some wild selkies that have wandered inland, as well as the occasional beluga and narwhal. Walking from the town to the fjord you may encounter: lemmings, whitetail deer, Nordic wolves and lynx. On the other side, near spa Malung, you may see various shorebirds. Yeti have also been know to roam the hills near here.

This should show more of the fjord including the awesome replica Viking ship.

Here is a shot of the romantic area of the zoo, complete with private cabins, sauna, kissing booth, and valentine stand. Nearby is the snowmobile rental and trail. You will fall asleep listening to the howls of the wolves, the snarls of the Andean mountain cats, and the hmmming of the llamas.

Ok, so I did little else but work on the zoo for about 2 weeks. I really had fun and learned a lot about managing downloads (tedious!) There were certain downloads I couldn't use because my dial-up is so slow (otter, sleigh ride). I tried to make it less like a zoo and more like a town with wonderful wildlife.

Tycoon_mom

Guest Tycoon_mom

I am a newbie both to this forum and to ZT1 (which I purchased for my son last summer and then became addicted to). I have logged many hoursplaying since then, and only came online because I was bored with the in-game stuff. Last December I started downloading and re-stimulated my addiction. I love this stuff! Then I signed on to get help with how to use certain additions, and then I was hooked on the idea of the February club contest. I got all the downloads (and then some) and played for about two weeks to create this "zoo" or Swedish vacation. Once I discovered "invisible fences" and waterfall walls, my imagination knew no bounds- I love the natural look.

You asked to see my creation, so here it is.

Tycoon_mom

That is an outstanding zoo. I love the ice rink and the use of the ropeway. If you are a beginner can't wait to see what is next.

Guest Caddienoah

Very nice job...you are destined for a club for sure...I'd snap you up in a minute...

Can't wait to see more from you...keep those screens coming...

luvmy83wing

I personally almost always try to build "natural" looking zoos. You did a wonderful job on this and all by your self. Good job and we would all like to see you continue posting your screens, so please add any other zoo builds that you might have or in the future create.

Guest Tycoon_mom

:garden:

Thank you all so much for the feedback. I have considered joining a club but am not sure yet that I want to commit. I can't wait to see the next contest ideas!

Brandi

Wonderful,wonderful design! Check your inbox :0)

Chickndaddy

Oh you have wonderful building skills. If all the other clubs don't entice you in the Firebirds would love another member... :whistilin: