Thorbjc
    Newest Member
    Thorbjc

• TheOneCalledWaffle
    • (Admin)Savannahjan
    • goldenfire

Dad's Domain

Dad/Gramps

Amazing exhibits Dad/Gramps! I especially like the way the sunken tanks look in the elephant & tiger exhibits. Do they not mind the filter, or do you have the invisible fence around it?

(Good thing we have a "Get-A-Round" shop - but I may need a new pair of shoes after walking this zoo - guess I had better get a new pair before the Savannah section opens!:laugh:)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dad/Gramps

• pukkie

• Firehawke

• Ashea

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Caddienoah

I enjoyed your zoo very much...I liked your use of elevation...the non-standard shapes of the habitats, and how they joined each other...the use of colour in the habitats...really nice job!...can't wait to see the other sections! And you said, "I am not a master zoo builder..."...well you could of fooled me...I think you are pretty good!!...

Dad/Gramps

Amazing exhibits Dad/Gramps! I especially like the way the sunken tanks look in the elephant & tiger exhibits. Do they not mind the filter, or do you have the invisible fence around it?

(Good thing we have a "Get-A-Round" shop - but I may need a new pair of shoes after walking this zoo - guess I had better get a new pair before the Savannah section opens!:laugh:)

I don't use the invisible fence. Never could figure it out. :JC_see_stars: I don't get any negative feed back from the zookeepers when I put the filters in, so I guess it's okay.(I Just went and checked the zoo. All exhibits with tanks and filters have a suitability of 95 to 99 and AH is 98 to 100. So I guess it doesn't bother the animals at all.)

That new pair of shoes is a good idea before the Savannah zoo. I recommend that you break them in first or you might get blisters. :risitas6ba0:

Many of the ingame animals are configured to accept the filter in their exhibits. So you could experiment and look for frowny faces when you first add them. Just make sure that maintenance men can get to them.

Nice zoo. I could do with that sort of workout in real life. Might help shed a bit of that thing called mid-life spread.

Dad/Gramps

Thanks for all the great comments everyone. Hey Fern, I think we all suffer from that middle age spread thing, or in my case, OLD age spread! :Reality_check:

Well, I'm guessing it's Savannah weekend. Pukkie has already posted a nice bunch of pics for her Savannah section on Mars and they are really GREAT. So as promised before, here is my attempt at all the Savannah animals. They had to go in a zoo all their own since there are so many. Guess you could call this African Adventure.

Dad/Gramps

First up the entrance. Not as big as the last one but still a nice work out.

post-58211-127585516051_thumb.jpg

Next are the Antelope. post-58211-127585519225_thumb.jpg

Next to them are Wildebeast. post-58211-127585521361_thumb.jpg

And across the way are the Hyenas.

post-58211-127585522843_thumb.jpg

Then with a restaurant tucked in the middle of the exhibit we have the ostriches.

post-58211-127585523923_thumb.jpg

Dad/Gramps

Next we have the Flamingos. I love putting fountains in their exhibits.

post-58211-127585567911_thumb.jpg

Here is a nice mixed exhibit for the Zebras and Gazelles. post-58211-127585569678_thumb.jpg

Next are the Bufflaos and the Black Bucks

post-58211-127585570609_thumb.jpg post-58211-127585571655_thumb.jpg

Here is an area for the peeps to take a break from viewing animals and have a little fun.

post-58211-127585573231_thumb.jpg

Dad/Gramps

Next, we have the Black Rhinos. post-58211-12758561743_thumb.jpg

Here is a very large Hippo exhibit. post-58211-127585618298_thumb.jpg

Next are the Wild Dogs. post-58211-127585620157_thumb.jpg

Then come a couple of the big cats. The Leopards and the Cheetahs.

post-58211-127585621332_thumb.jpg post-58211-127585622362_thumb.jpg

Then are the Warthogs. post-58211-127585624078_thumb.jpg