hshelby99
    Newest Member
    hshelby99

• (Admin)Cricket
    • HeatherL

Error insatlling ZT2 Zookeeper Collection on Windows 7

April_Fool_79

April_Fool_79

I get this error when trying to install ZT2 Zookeeper Collection on my new Windows 7 computer. Has anyone else seen it, or know how to fix it? The fix on the Microsoft website is no help, the link to download the doesn't work.

Unhandled Exception

Error Number: 0x80040702

Description: Failed to load DLL: GameuxInstallHelper

Setup will now terminate.

April_Fool_79

No, it wasn't the Ultimate Collection (which the M$ website says isn't compatible with Win7, anyway, LOL), it was with the Zookeeper Collection (Original, African Animals and Endangered Species on 2 discs). I have Marine Mania and Extinct Animals as separate purchases. I've seen problems with a memory error when trying to install the Zookeeper Collection on Win7, but this isn't the same one. The M$ website says to use the "Windows Installer CleanUp Utility", but the link on the website is not valid, and I can't find any way to talk to anyone there without paying for support. The other option they give is to "Restart the computer by using a clean startup", but that didn't help me any, either. This is the link to the article I found on the M$ Support site: Error message when you try to install a Microsoft Games for Windows game: "Failed to load DLL: GameuxInstallHelper"

If anyone has any ideas, I'm more than open to them. I was very excited to get this computer with enough memory and a competent graphics card to run ZT2 at full detail, but can't even get it installed. On the other hand, RCT3 looks *AMAZING*, plus I don't have to hide all the rides and people and fast forward through night time :)

I was thinking the Ultimate Collection, not the Zookeeper's collection - sorry for the misdirect. Hope you can find some help with this.

• 4 months later...

Is MM and EA uninstalled? Try installing Zookeeper Collection first.

The expansion has to be installed in the order they were released.