asd294

• Fern
    • CelestialEvolution
    • bxdczoo
    • PollyPocketFan79

Combined Exhibits Question

April_Fool_79

April_Fool_79

Quick question for you design gurus. I'm wanting to make some combined exhibits in my zoo, but don't want to have elevated paths (I can never get them right, so they annoy me to no end). Does anyone know if it is possible to set up combined exhibits together, like this?

post-2123-128294834145_thumb.jpg

Or is the only way to have a combined exhibit to have one part of the outside a fenced area?

looks likes this should do the trick

Never tried this myself but I'd say it might work

If you try this and it proves succesful I hope you share your screens

April_Fool_79

The problem is, every time I connect that last bit of tank wall on the left (it may be hard to see unless you click on the image to view it bigger, but it's right below the horizontal tank bit on the left), it fills the whole thing with water, wiping out my fenced land areas. I'm at a total loss for how to prevent it. I'm not concerned with the guests being able to see the land really. I tried putting the land part on the right and moving the path up to it, but that was a complete disaster. It looked all raggedy and ridiculous, so I smoothed it all back out again. Any ideas with how to do this would be most appreciated. :)

Is it not possible like in ZT 1 to just shape the tankwalls around the land and that it then connects for some animals who use tank as well land to go on land and in the tank as they please?

when you placed them around and then close the tankwall to the left could that do the trick?

April_Fool_79

Nope, unfortunately you can't have 2 types of walls running on one boundary between squares like we could in ZT1. That's what I was trying to do originally, and kept getting frustrated that it wouldn't lay down fence until I realized "DURRR" that won't work LOL.

I still can't get this to work, so I'm going to re-figure my plan, unless / until someone smarter at this than me figures it out. :JC_see_stars:

It should be doable or that version of ZT is just even worse then I already feel about it lol

I hope some of the few ZT2 players can help you

hm come to think of it we have a member Xerxes If you send him a pm telling him I advised you to go to him with your question and you then give him the link

As far as I know he is the best ZT2 player I can think of. If there is a way he is the one to tell you. Even though he now quit playing I am sure he will still want to help others

Making a cobined exhibit is a little easier then some might think. Just make it all even terrain(So flatten all your terrain to the height of the the land part of your exhibit keeping your fence as a divider). Then in your tank section fill it with deep water of whatever biome you wish and delete your divider fence. Bam you have a tank that people can view animals underwater and a land section. That is on of the many ways to do a combined.