Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• Knol
    • Luz21
    • kenny

Using Map Editor

fountain

So, I used Map Editor for the first time yesterday carefully following the instructions when I ran up against a "I haven't the foggiest idea?!" You're suppose to put in a new gate--

Ah-h-h... Where do I find the enterance gate? Am I using the right type of walls? Do I have the right developers items? (I have MM items, but do I need others????)

Editing Lunar Map is on hold.

you find it in the scenery menu Fountain also the different kind of zoowalls are in there just don't scroll down too fast as they are easily overlooked

but all items are in the scenery menu.

Well, not quite. I realized I no longer had the necessary developers item files anymore so that is part of the difficulty.

I have just found a related and informative thread "Is there a way to alter a Scenario map to be Freeform?" and links to the needed files in #17 by Fern. I will restudy those posts and when I add it, that should put it in the menu as Pukkie advises.

More to come...

Well, not quite. I realized I no longer had the necessary developers item files anymore so that is part of the difficulty.

I have just found a related and informative thread "Is there a way to alter a Scenario map to be Freeform?" and links to the needed files in #17 by Fern. I will restudy those posts and when I add it, that should put it in the menu as Pukkie advises.

More to come...

Where did you find this thread?? I was searching for it earlier and couldn't find it. Could you post a link, please?

On 9/19/2010 at 11:10 PM, Dad/Gramps said:

Where did you find this thread?? I was searching for it earlier and couldn't find it. Could you post a link, please?

http://zootekphoenix.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5553

It is entry #17 that has the info and links to the developers items that you pay for (a couple items are silly-expensive) to use and have aesthetic value for guests. Those you can add to any game w/o causing problems.

(Link removed.  Site no longer exists.)

If you use the Map Editor, then you have to be careful because... well my experience is that when I put in a gate and then realized I forgot to remove part of the original wall in what is now the middle of the zoo, so I had to save, close the game, restart the game and then remove the wall. ...It can get complicated. Save often. (Save the original map first, before changing it.)

If you are using ZooAdminMapEditor.ztd, all the developer items should have a yellow background, and $0 cost.

I found it, so I have both ways of adding certain items.

Cautious steps to making changes :185: