• MsOnary
    • (Professor Emeritus)Professor Paul
    • Truly_happy
    • strider213
    • (Admin)Savannahjan

Kreek's Zoo

Kreek

hello,

I have been invited to show some screenshots. This is my first large zoo, which I largely started without any downloads. There are still some open spaces, which I hope to fill in. Any tips are very welcome.

Okay, deep breath before the plunge... (I hope I get the attachement thingy correct.)

Here's the entrance:

post-98901-128652388794_thumb.jpg

Without foliage:

post-98901-128652393272_thumb.jpg

Overview from a different angle

post-98901-128652398564_thumb.jpg

We're going straight ahead and up a ramp. Sea lions to the right, Sea otters to the left. This is my first attempt to work with stairs.

post-98901-128652412988_thumb.jpg

Pinguins to the right. I know there's a bit of open space. But that's because I initially needed the space to trap the maintanance worker responsible for the filter systems. When I don't trap them, the filtersystems tend to get overlooked. Any tips on this problem would be very welcome.

post-98901-128652445146_thumb.jpg

Next we go down. to the left Manta Rays, to the right beluga's.

post-98901-128652448333_thumb.jpg

And up to the large main square without foliage.

post-98901-128652458407_thumb.jpg

That's it so far. I have more, but I have to go. Real life is calling. Hope you like it. Kind of nervous here. Any tips are welcome.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pukkie

• Kreek

• Firehawke

• Ashea

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have no ide waht you are bervous about Kreek

Nicely shaped exhibits, very well decorated zoo with some real neat viewing area's and you are obviously having fun building.

And you got some skills girl

I hope you share more from were these came from.

I think your screens look simply great :cheer-girls-group-3x2-green:

I love the landscaping!!! The zoo is looking great :autumn: What are your stats? Keep up the great work!

Guest Caddienoah

Nice job! I like the entrance alot...also the shapes of the tanks and habitats...doing a good job!...keep putting up screens...I really like to see how others build!

Kreek you have a very nice layout. Excellent job with the stairs - looks like you have them figured out!! Good idea of tucking the food stand in with the observation area - nothing worse than whining quests when they are hungry!

Wish there was a way to make the workers stay where you want them. Trapping is the best solution.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you all for the wonderful compliments. I guess I'm nervous because I know how good you all are at Zoo building. I've only been at it for about a month or so. Yeah, I tucked in a food stand in the observation area, because guests started complaining over there. Still, I've read somehwere that ít's better to not fill the whole zoo up with food stands and such. So I'm trying to minimize the food courts.

Stats? Is this what you mean?

Number of Animals: 216

Number of Exhibits: 35

Number of Attractions: 38

Number of Guests: 999

Staf: 56

Zoo Benefectors: 152

Animal happiness: 97

Guest happiness: 85

Zoo rating: 95

Okay, here are some more screenshots (thanks for asking for them, it's good to hear that there are more people interested in this game than just silly me):

Overview of the main square:

post-98901-128662017681_thumb.jpg

From a different angle:

post-98901-128662038297_thumb.jpg

Behind the gift shop are the panda bears and Japanese serows. Only problem is that people don't seem to go there. I tried blocking paths to force guests that way, but than it got too busy for the panda bears, so I've kept it like this.

post-98901-128662057466_thumb.jpg

Then we go to the left up more stairs. On top of those we can go either left to the museum, or up even more stairs. Theirs a nightlife house and a little foodcourt. All of it leading to a bridge.

With foliage:

post-98901-128662072998_thumb.jpg

Without foliage

post-98901-128662083954_thumb.jpg

Here's a view of the observation area for the clouded leopards. It's not very busy, but the leopards don't mind.

post-98901-128662079594_thumb.jpg

Now, the bridge I improvised, because at that time I didn't know downloads existed. To the right (or above) are the clouded leopards. To the left (or below) are the white bengal tigers.

post-98901-128662109264_thumb.jpg

post-98901-128662148337_thumb.jpg

And towards a square with the rainforest restaurant. I wanted a space where people can relax after climbing all those stairs. Now that I checked out certain downloads, I think I might change some of the features.

post-98901-128662155599_thumb.jpg

That's it for now. For the next part, we're going down again! Hope you like it, and please feel free to voice any comments.

post-8-128664548568.gif

Just my kind of style :wub: :wub:

And what is that with it's good to hear that there are more people interested in this game than just silly me.

This game is is my guide tho survival through life. To me that is not silly

but I'm glad that there are with similar minds

Savannahjan

Your zoo looks wonderful Kreek! You seem to have mastered elevation, everything flows so nicely. I'm really impressed with what you've done with only in-game items. Great job! :clap:

Guest Caddienoah

I'm very impressed with your zoo...elevation, design, use of colour, foliage...the whole thing...keep those screens coming...you are doing great work!

post-8-128664548568.gif

This game is is my guide tho survival through life. To me that is not silly

but I'm glad that there are with similar minds

Yes, I can understand that. This forum also seems very friendly.