• Total Members
    • Most Online

Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• There are no registered users currently online

Scenario Maps

Lynx54321

hello, does anyone know if their is any way to use any of the scenario maps as freeform maps?

Thanks in advance, also I have a handful of workbench style maps that I think are pretty decent, does anyone want them, If so I will upload onto here.

Savannahjan

I like your island map, Lynx. It's very different and I think you did a nice job. I especially like the entrance to your grassland map, it's really pretty. They all look good, thanks for sharing them with us. Would it be OK with you if I upload these maps into our download area?

Second thoughts here is the lot, most are a pretty decent standard, don't think there is much user created stuff in them either. The Island one is the best, zoo on an island in the middle of a river going through a city.

I really the Island and the Rainforest maps.

Thanks for sharing them!

fountain

Yes, it is possible to make all scenario maps available as freeform maps. It does take some programming, but it is not very difficult.

My apologies for the double post. With the edit option, I could not attach the file.

I have done the programming to convert the scenario map to freeform maps. The file has not been tested. Please, post here, whether it works fine for you or whether you found any problems.

Originally these were put up for caddie to test at the Guild but unfortunately real life has gotten in the way. Also the zip includes an updated ZTCDD dll (for the map description), but that is okay because the dll has not been updated since then.

From Jay

Before copying the 2 ".zoo" files to the maps folder, I recommend renaming the 2 original files first (jungriv.zoo to jungriv_original.zoo and lg_resrt.zoo to lg_resrt_original.zoo). That way if there is ever an unexpected problem, the original ones can be put back. These maps were changed because MM/CC have a mistake in them that was not in the original ZT; they eventually crash for maps that have fences/walls within the outermost tiles of a map. These 2 maps will only work in CC and probably MM. In the case of jungriv.zoo, 1 Durian Tree was added. In order to see that tree, one needs either CC or the Endangered Species Download pack. It is possible that the ".ztd" might only work in CC and not MM or MM with the Endangered Species Download pack because I believe CC came with 1 or 2 maps that were not in anything else. But I do not know for sure.

- Jay