• Most Online

Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• MrTroodon
    • bxdczoo

Elevation difficulties at entrance

fountain

I decided to do away with the huge tank at the front of the zoo and flatten the elevation near the zoo gate. Strange problem occured: the guests bunched up and would not come in. I kept adjusting the heights and the newest guest would come in but not the "older" guests. Then I changed the elevation of the ticket booths, now higher than the entrance path and all guests come in now.

Any guesses why all this occurred?

post-21902-130858314468_thumb.jpg

post-21902-130858321568_thumb.jpg

post-21902-1308583242_thumb.jpg

Savannahjan

Huh... I can't imagine. We have made lots of zoos without using the ticket booths and people still came in. That's strange.

I don't have any ticket booths in the two zoos I'm working on and people come in fine. The only thing I see might be that the booths are only 1 tile apart. Try placing them no more than 3 tiles apart and then I would lower your booths as well. Hope that helps.

Huh... I can't imagine. We have made lots of zoos without using the ticket booths and people still came in. That's strange.

I never this problem before using this map. It maybe a new found glitch or "tantrum".

fountain

I don't have any ticket booths in the two zoos I'm working on and people come in fine. The only thing I see might be that the booths are only 1 tile apart. Try placing them no more than 3 tiles apart and then I would lower your booths as well. Hope that helps.

I've used this map dozens of times and this is the first time there has been a problem. I agree having the booths farther apart would make it easier; I couldn't really see the guests jammed up for quite a while and then it was an occasional flailing arm. It's working now so I won't fuss with Stormy's map.

fountain

Guest Derek Caulfield

I recently posted some screenshots of my zoo, The Carlisle Woodland Park. There aren't any ticket booths there either, I just used some square abandoned building from a forest pack or something. Anyway, you couldn't tell from the screenshots because I hid the guests, but because there were tiles beyond the entrance in the opposite direction, they stopped for a second, unsure of which direction to go, although they eventually followed the path to the first exhibit near the entrance. I think that if you don't place something of interest at the entrance and there are path tiles beyond the gate in the opposite direction, guests might get confused. In your case, it's not the ticket booth that's the problem, it seems to be the paths. If this hasn't happened to anyone else than this might just be me but I wanted to put it out there because I wanted to help a fellow zoo tycoon.

Excellent looking zoo though, what kind of path is that? It's very Hawaiian.

I recently posted some screenshots of my zoo, The Carlisle Woodland Park. There aren't any ticket booths there either, I just used some square abandoned building from a forest pack or something. Anyway, you couldn't tell from the screenshots because I hid the guests, but because there were tiles beyond the entrance in the opposite direction, they stopped for a second, unsure of which direction to go, although they eventually followed the path to the first exhibit near the entrance. I think that if you don't place something of interest at the entrance and there are path tiles beyond the gate in the opposite direction, guests might get confused. In your case, it's not the ticket booth that's the problem, it seems to be the paths. If this hasn't happened to anyone else than this might just be me but I wanted to put it out there because I wanted to help a fellow zoo tycoon.

Excellent looking zoo though, what kind of path is that? It's very Hawaiian.

I do not think it is the path. I think I goofed when I re-elevated and leveled the area and confused the guests. But the positioning of the booths is a challenge to see the entrance.

The path is "Bamboo path" from Hula Honeys' --which I recently discovered is either a band or an album title from Mountain Apple? recording company-- Hawaii packs. Our "Hula Honeys" packs are by Atlantean Queen. I do suggest that the packs be downloaded from ZTUF(Zoo Tycoon Unleashed Forums) --you have to be a member-- because Tek's packs are a little confused with pix and files not matching and the Tiki gods files missing (unless this has been fixed here at Tek).

Thanks for the compliment. I plan to upload screenshots within a week.

fountain