• Total Members
    • Most Online

Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• SKazoroski
    • MarkBL20
    • ZooForce11

Could someone tell me what these things in the UCA mean?

maximum411

I have a few that I'm looking at that I think might be relevant to the problem I'm trying to fix. The wildcats that I'm working on ignore food in their enclosure and starve. I'm thinking they might not recognize the meat as food. How do you set the type of food they eat? And what do these mean?

cFoodTypes = 0

cKeeperFoodType = 1

cKeeperFoodUnitsEaten = 15

cNeededFood = 70

cOtherFood = 0

Any translations would be appreciated!

I went and asked my favourite go-to person for you and this was his reply:

All of those settings look legitimate. cKeeperFoodType is described in the Uca Editing Guide at ZKL:

http://www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/index.php?showtopic=116

The value of "1" says that the animal wants meat as its food. I do not know for sure what the other settings mean, but they match in-game settings. I suspect cKeeperFoodUnitsEaten says how much the animal eats at one time. For the animals in the original ZT, it ranges from 5 to 35. I suspect cOtherFood says whether the animal can eat other food types. But it is always 0 for all of the animals in the original ZT. Although I do not know, maybe cNeededFood indicates how many units of food ZT should consider to be there when food is initially placed in an exhibit. For the animals in the original ZT, it ranges from 50 to 200. I do not know what cFoodTypes is, but it is always 0 for all animals in the original ZT. Two other settings that are related to food are cHungerIncrement and cHungerThreshold. I suspect cHungerIncrement is how fast the animal gets hungry. For the animals in the original ZT, it ranges from 3 to 25. cHungerThreshold probably indicates what hunger level that an animal has to reach before it looks for food. For the animals in the original ZT, it is always 50. In order for an animal to find food when it is hungry, the following behavior set is needed in the ".uca" for most land animals:

[m\BehaviorSet\bFindKeeperFood]

f = fWalk(keeperfood,0)

f = fPlaySet(bEat)

In order for an animal to eat the food once it finds it, it needs a [m\BehaviorSet\bEat] behavior set in the ".uca". Although the contents of that behavior set can be different for different animals, it should always start with the following for land animals:

[m\BehaviorSet\bEat]

f = fFaceTowardFood()

- Jay

Thanks so much! I checked all of those other settings, and they were all within the ranges you said.

It's actually not that they're incapable of eating, but that they usually don't. In one enclosure I had, there were 4 wildcats, and one of them ate and moved around as normal while the other three stood still and drank at the freshwater pond as their hunger went to zero. Maybe they are incapable of stopping the "drink" behavior once they start? Their happiness also didn't seem to be affected by their low hunger level, and I didn't wait around long enough to see if they would starve, but they had a hunger level of 0 for a pretty long time, so maybe they can't starve.

Although I do not know for sure, I suspect that, once the hunger threshold is reached, finding food becomes a higher priority than drinking. Also, I suspect that the bEat behavior set is also used for drinking. I believe animals do not get unhappy directly from being hungry. Instead, I believe their health changes, based on cHungryHealthChange, and then they can be unhappy from getting sick. But animals can probably get unhappy from no food in the exhibit, based on cNoFoodChange.

- Jay