Newest Member
    hshelby99

• CelestialEvolution
    • Goosifer
    • Hawkkeye666

A note of thanks and a thought....

Guest wbfd817

Guest wbfd817

I admit it .... when I restarted playing ZT this time, I thought "Yeah, I remember how to do all this" (After all, I've played this since it came out, through every expansion) Well, yeah, right .... NOT !!!!!

Were I to be honest, it's actually embarrassing how much I'd forgotten. I only did two things ABSOLUTELY right *chuckle* I started replaying each and every scenario .... and when I got stuck, I restarted and restarted.... AND I looked here among the various guide threads to let people remind me of all those tricks that were lost in the cobwebs of my mind! With only 5 of the most advanced scenarios to go, I'm still learning.

First then, the Thanks ... a HUGE thanks to Jan, who posted all that wonderful accumulated knowledge, for everyone to go to, and learn and relearn from !!!!!

And that brings me to the thought - no matter how "experienced" any of us are, maybe all of us might refresh and hone our skills by wandering through the "basics" now and then. Just a thought .....

Savannahjan

I'm happy to have helped, but all that accumulation of knowledge was not my own, it was from other contributors over the years. It is good to go through the basics, and even if you have played a lot over the years, there is so much info. I've forgotten so many things. I think it's amazing that after more than 10 years, people still love ZT. Course, I'm an old gal, but I feel certain I will play ZT as long as I am mentally and physically able. And I still have a computer that will run it.

Guest wbfd817

I know "all that knowledge" wasn't all "yours alone" ... but you sifted and sorted through all the combined "learned knowledge", dating back to 2001, from whatever source, and presented it, in a clear concise manner, AFTER seeing the need for such.

Again :254: and :hug2:

• 1 year later...

Yes, I would also like to send my thanks to everyone who put all of this great info together. I too went through all of the zoos and scenarios and finally beat all of them - then I took a few years off. It's amazing how much you forget when you haven't played in a while. Thanks for all of the tips and tricks being so easy to gather for us who forget!

• 8 months later...
Guest Lemurcat

I just reinstalled ZT after a 8-10 year break. Yes my roomie lost my disks and it took me this long to get new ones.

I do think the long and inexplicable (well I couldn't find the darn disks) break let me realize how many lousy games are out there and how much better ZT is than most. Plus face it, ZT has kitties.

Anyhow I agree that doing it all over makes me a much stronger player.

LOL I KNOW that the first time I played it I was money cheating left and right. (And suffering crumbling fences!)

This time I'm 9 months into a 3 year scenario without a cheat and have almost enough exhibits to satisfy the scenario thanks to the income from rewards. Just wondering if I should expend the money now and watch the fences go, or wait to build the last few at the end.

96 guest happiness? That's something I never experienced in the old days. Now it's the norm.

I can only credit fantastic tutorials from members of this site and others.