• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• bxdczoo
    • TRIFORCE89

Guests stay stucked on benches and picnic tables ...

MaTT²

Hum this might be already submitted but that's the first time for me that guests stay stucked on benches and picnic tables after/while eating, but still complaining about thirst, hunger etc. ... so they want to leave my zoo but of course they can't so my zoo stats are at the lowest :sad:

Last time I played ZooTycoon (2 years ago ..) I edited ai.files for animals and guests to make a gigantic zoo without worrying about guests and animals, had a 100 happiness rate for animals, 98 for guests and 90 for global rate, was a totally freeform game ^^ just building the ultimate zoo .. well :whistilin:

So I did the same this time (for animals everything's okay, 100 again) but for guests ... I saw on different topics that it could be caused by downloads but I have so much of it !!

I edited guests ai files to make the guests never be hungry, thirsty, tired etc... but nothing works, and after buying a soda or pizza, they go to a bench and get stucked.

Does anyone have an idea of what could have cause that sticky problem ? :help:

(by the way, I'm using the woodbridges, with info signs, but my guests and even keepers, guides, etc don't want to use it, they stay at the entry and go back ... i don't understand why :'(

They won't use the bridges because they are configured for "drink" and "bathroom". This means that the guest has to need to use a bathroom or need a drink before they will use them. The thing is that guests will not use a bridge without a reason so the designers gave them a reason.

As for the stuck bit..... There are buildings and user made seating that cause this. At ZKL there are warnings about this with the actual download since no one has had the time to fix them. There are also some warnings on some ZA files. I think there are some at Tek too. These would be old files not ones made by Jane, genki, Toodlepops, myself but earlier than when we started doing buildings.

Changing the guest ai is not a good thing and not recommended.

If you list the buildings you have I might be able to tell which ones are the problem.

Mmh so I might create a path near the bridges for "normal" guests too, OK ^^

For ai files, in fact, I tested the game many times before finding the good manipulation, and I played without problems after for years, but I always keep original files (in case of a crash..) and edited ones (to know what to edit for the future). I only saw recently that this could happen, I only use to check the compatibility with my version of ZT and checking the dll files :413: so if it's caused by buildings, it's only by those I downloaded the last weeks, so it will be a short list, will be done this afternoon ^^

Should I list shelters and scenery buildings too (like tunnels/buildings) ?

Thanks a lot for your help !! :254:

Buildings and benches are what I need listed. Both can cause stuck guests if not done right. Some user made benches contain a modified guest ai and you can only have one ingame and that is part of what causes the problems with benches/picnic tables.

Nor is it recommended to change ingame .dll files as that has been known to cause problems. It is also why we no longer use single user made dlls. Most of those were absorbed into various site dlls.

If you are using tunnels and bridges that are configured make sure there is an alternative route since once they use it they will not use it again. Each guest knows where it has been and I think they programmed it so they do not use a building more than once for the same thing.

So the last buildings and benches downloaded are the following :

Dino Restroom

3D cinema

Dig Site Excavation

Carnival Plant House

Egyptian Aviary

Bear House

Roaring Lion Retreat

Waystation Wallaby

Tribal Craft Center

Tribal Warrior Hut

Wooden Bridge Development Pack

Wild Lion Restaurant

Native American Learning Center

Wild Jaguar Restaurant

Zootek Honeymoon Cabins

Redwood Lodge

Zoological Museum

Wilds Cats Rescue Center

Spa Malung

Alpine Lodge

Alicia's Lodge

Tunnels Complete Pack

Azteken Theme Pack

and I use SuperHack too.

I had only 2 other benches, the Garden Bench and McDonalds Bench and Picnic Table since the very beginning wich never cause any problems. If you find any problematic file, I can delete everything necessery =)

Many many thanks in advance for your help !!

I had only 2 other benches, the Garden Bench and McDonalds Bench and Picnic Table since the very beginning wich never cause any problems. If you find any problematic file, I can delete everything necessery =)

I would delete these. As I said the game can only use one guest.ai and both of these if they are working versions would contain an adjusted guest.ai

Try that and see if it works.

Sorry for the late answer but I deleted the benches et the picnic table and ...... It works ^^ That's strange because the last time I played with these files I didn't have any problems ... anyway ^^ I'll have to built a new zoo now because my guests still don't want to use the bridges and I didn't have enough place to create a secondary path.

Thanks a lot !! :254:

I'll post some screens when my zoo will be a bit more "fit to be ssen" =)