asd294

• Fern
    • CelestialEvolution
    • bxdczoo
    • PollyPocketFan79

ZT2 Stopped Working :(

Guest Sunmaiyde

Guest Sunmaiyde

I was working on the Bridging the Gap campaign last night. I had installed a few user made hacks, three to be exact (from what I consider to be a reputable site - I can provide details if necessary). I don't want to name them for fear of appearing to assign blame. Also, in light of the full story - I'm not sure if they even have anything to do with it. I must have played the game for three hours or so. I don't think the grid-hack settled right, the guests didn't seem to notice the arches & my entertainment score was plummeting. Easy fix, I just removed the applicable file. I didn't do this while the game was running. I shut the machine down & went to bed, rather sad that I'd worked a while on my zoo & was going to have to backtrack when I started the next day.

My b/f let me know that there was an issue on the screen pertaining to our video card communicating with our screen saver & the power light was flashing on the computer - so it obviously didn't shut down as instructed. Aside from ZT2 not working, the computer and the screen saver seem to be working just fine.

I usually dont play my game before work. I went to play it & the game was non responsive. Nothing. I tried to run it through autorun and my machine told me to insert disc one & try again. I uninstalled 3 times, including removing downloads & saved files. I must say this is rather sad because I'd worked my way through many of the campaigns - each one up to Bridging the Gap without any hacks & with only official downlaods. I take time on my zoos, placing each exhibit with care - each plant, hill, statue... Even after complete uninstall, four of them - it wont work. The install seems to go fine - but when I go to launch, it just says ""Insert Zoo Tycoon 2: ultimate collection Disc 1 into your cd-rom drive. select ok and restart the application". I've found some information pertaining to this error, but the information I found pertains to Windows 7 & I'm running XP. I've also found references to having to format my whole machine & starting over :( - which isn't a HUGE deal except, well - I have to pay someone nearly a $100 to format my machine.

Anyone run into this before? Any words of advice? I miss the game and am a bit miffed that it just crapped out on me. I honestly don't know if the downloads had anything to do with it. It worked fine, and even if that was the problem - wouldn't an remove/install (or 4 of them) fix it.

Any input is appreciated.

Guest Sunmaiyde

It came back! So far :(. All my saved games are gone, so back to square 1 - but, glad to have it back all the same. I uninstalled, rebooted, cleaned the disc (which is never touched, has been in the drive for 3 months) - & its back!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed though...that it stays.

It could be that your computer can not read the disc. If it can not, I believe the only solution will be to get a new disc.

P.S. Try this uninstall it and check to make sure that there are no left over folders/files in your registry. Then re-install the game.

I would not leave a disc in a drive for threee months.