Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• MaastrichianFan
    • Goosifer
    • Majindoodle

Placement of some ztds...

partywolf

Soo I got a new zoo tycoon, but I discovered that some animals I had before and some extras (like the mexican pack and the atlantean and some animals like the african wild dog and the horse and the yeti, etc) so I went and downloaded them and some other stuff that was released by Blue Fang a while ago, but I cannot figure out where they go, like, in the Updates folder (for official bonus items) or in the main folder or what? :uglyhammer:

So I was wondering if someone who has Complete Collection find these files on their computer and tell me where I should put them? like, on their computer what folder they're in? lol there are so many darn folders in the Zoo Tycoon... like AquaRes and xPack1 and gee, I hope that's not just for mine.

config5.ztd

global07.ztd

guests7.ztd

items8.ztd

object07.ztd

scenari8.ztd

scenery8.ztd

aaaand I'm assuming these just go in the Updates folder?

Asian_Elephant01.ztd

magnet01.ztd

plateo01.ztd

animalsa.ztd

antelope.ztd

aqtheme1.ztd

Asian_Black_Bear.ztd

baracuda.ztd

Blackbuck.ztd

bongo.ztd

fancybld.ztd

gallim.ztd

yeti.ztd

kidsdino.ztd

llama.ztd

magnet.ztd

megathrm.ztd

mexipack.ztd

mountainlion.ztd

plateo.ztd

reindeer.ztd

researm.ztd

wilddog.ztd

like, the buildings n animals and stuff are all IN game but I'm not really sure if they function correctly, and there isn't any description for them like there should be so I know I did something wrong :P

also I found this folder and I dont know if it goes somewhere :JC_see_stars:

folder: CVS

stuff inside:

Entries

Entries.Extra

Repository

Root

^^ is that something important? o.O

yaaay thanks guys. i hope that made sense.

:smilies-10997:

I am sorry but few I couldn't locate ones I did locate I put name of the folder with them files.

config5.ztd DUPDATE

global07.ztd

guests7.ztd UPDATES

items8.ztd

object07.ztd

scenari8.ztd

scenery8.ztd

Asian_Elephant01.ztd UPDATES

magnet01.ztd UPDATES

plateo01.ztd UPDATES

animalsa.ztd UPDATES

antelope.ztd

aqtheme1.ztd UPDATES

Asian_Black_Bear.ztd UPDATES

baracuda.ztd UPDATES

Blackbuck.ztd UPDATES

bongo.ztd UPDATES

fancybld.ztd UPDATES

gallim.ztd UPDATES

yeti.ztd UPDATES

kidsdino.ztd UPDATES

llama.ztd UPDATES

magnet.ztd UPDATES

megathrm.ztd UPDATES

mexipack.ztd

mountainlion.ztd UPDATES

plateo.ztd UPDATES

reindeer.ztd UPDATES

researm.ztd UPDATES

wilddog.ztd UPDATES

Yes! Thanks pukkie! Unfortunately some objects still have no description, which means I probably didn't put them in right, and I think it has something to do with the lang folders that came with some of the downloads. where do you think I would put them? In the zoo data folder? I'm going to try moving them around, but here are the lang files

lang007.dll

lang009.dll

lang302.dll

lang008.dll

lang015.dll

lang017.dll

lang301.dll

lang016.dll

lang018.dll

lang010.dll

lang012.dll

also when I put the items in that don't have a description, their names become some random symbols, I can't copy and paste them though :/ so yeah something's wrong

Partywolf - the language files all go into your main Zoo Tycoon Folder - if they are missing , that may be part of your problem with the descriptions.

I am not able to find these files either - I have complete collection loaded.

global07.ztd

items8.ztd

object07.ztd

scenari8.ztd

scenery8.ztd

Mexipack.ztd

I did find this:

antelope.ztd - Updates

my language files only go up to 300 - I do not have

lang302.dll

lang301.dll

Why don't you try taking these two out and see what happens?

Did you re-install from a Complete Collection disk ?

There doesn't seem to be a change in the animals or buildings when I remove/move the .dlls

I reinstalled the original and the complete collection - I played it without complete collection, then I installed it and there were dinosaurs and marine animals so it did install :/

So weeird, I dont know why they aren't working.

Are you a member of ZKL or DD? If so you could try contacting Jay.

I suspect those two dlls might be something to do with Mac but without seeing them I would not know. Meanwhile I have sent a copy to Jay but do not know if he can help since he has Linux and Windows.

From Jay

I do not understand what the person is doing. If they have Complete Collection, then there is no reason for them to download official downloads. But if they have Marine Mania instead of Complete Collection, that is when one would want to download official downloads. There are differences in file names between the Complete Collection and the official downloads, specifically for the Endangered Species Pack download. Also the llama download uses different IDs than the one that comes with Complete Collection. But all official ".ztd" downloads should be in the Updates folder. The list of ".dll" files at DG includes all of the official ".dll" files and what they are for. The ".dll" files contain the messages for the official things and would go in the main ZT folder.

http://www.ztcdd.org/DG/index.php?topic=4408.0

Although there are no instructions saying so, those who do not have Complete Collection but have the Endangered Species Pack download should create a dlupdate folder and edit their zoo.ini file to use the dlupdate folder. That way user made things, especially hacks, can be put in that folder.

But if the person actually has Complete Collection, and if it is a legitimate version, then they should not be using downloaded official downloads. If things are not working correctly after installing from a legitimate Complete Collection disk, then it sounds like they need a replacement disk.

- Jay

I installed the original ZT and then installed the CC disk I had from before, and there were the marine animals and the dinosaurs but none of the official downloads so I trackd those down, but they don't seen to be working right. :/ I'll try moving them around more and thank you for the list, Jay and thanks for asking him about it Fern. I guess I do need a replacement CC disk, but the problem with that is that there are almost no more mac ZTs anywhere.I'll try with these a few more times and if they really dont seem to be working I'll just remove them and try and find another CC disk.

Thanks for the help tho guys.