• (Designer)Zarawatto
    • Vainon_ajat
    • (Designer)HENDRIX
    • PollyPocketFan79

ZT2 Windows 7

Guest skye boy

Guest skye boy

hello

I have a windows 7 (64 bit) laptop. I have ZT2 basic plus all the expansions that I used on my old pc (vista). I have been able to install the basic game plus the endangered expansion. But I can't install AA, MM or Extinct animals.

I have seen some solutions posted in pc type forums, but a friend of mine said people here might be better to talk to about this.

Hope someone can help me.

SB

• 2 months later...
Guest Graagh

Haven't messed around with ZT2 enough to know for sure. Some things to check are the permissions - you might have to install it in your user directories instead of the default Program Files (x86) so it can make changes to its own folder. You might also run into problems with CD verification. I have seen that for other Microsoft games, like Dungeon Siege 1 & 2. Those were out about the same time, so ZT2 may have the same problem. Haven't found any solution other than to download a cracked version that bypasses the CD check. If you choose that route, be EXTREMELY careful. Those sites are not known for being friendly to your computer - viruses, malware, etc. I can recommend the one I use if you message me.

Not sure if that's kosher with the board rules or not, but it is the ONLY solution I've found, and I'm assuming he purchased the games legitimately anyway.

I've also heard cases where a cracked version shows increasing eccentricity over time because of the original copy protection. I haven't seen that in any of the games I've downloaded, but it also depends on the type of copy protection, so you may also run into that issue.

Tasmanian_tiger

Hey, I have the same configuration (windows 7, 64 bit) as you, on a pc. I bought this computer last year, hadn't installed all the expansions yet, so I did now. I don't have any problems yet, up until MM. Like Graagh mentioned, I would check permissions if you try to install. I had some problems with other games myself, though not with ZT2 yet.

What exactly happens, does it give an error message or anything?