Newest Member
    SadakoRei13

• Luz21
    • SKazoroski
    • Schlatt99

ZT2 crashing and not starting

Guest Madness

Guest Madness

I looked topics in here but none seemed to have the same problem I've now. I also tried searching by google etc. aswell as checked Microsoft's article about crashing games.

Now everytime I try to start the game, it starts but crashes almost immediately. The startup sound and video blinks and then is just totally black and does nothing and I have to use ctrl+alt+del (and there it also says ZT2 is not answering).

I un- and reinstalled the game few times and it kept doing it, then installed DirectX 9c via ZT2ES, it worked for some time, then it crashed. Just went back to the desktop. It has done this also before, I think that's also a reason I didn't play it for a while. But now it again doesn't start, does the same. I still try to find more about DirectX but it's hard to find THE RIGHT file to be downloaded.

I have Windows XP and I've been playing the game with this since 2004 so it can't be from that. But I did get a new graphics card in Summer. Game did work with it before and I played it pretty much and there was no problems than shutting down the game by the game itself. I've also this on my laptop that has Vista and there it also works just fine.

My graphics card is ATI Radeon HD5770 (updated, yes), so I was thinking if the card is too new for the game. Everything else is right or more than system requirements, so it's not that I don't have enough memory or so.

Anyway, I try to search more about DirectX and make the DrctX test from computer. Also I'll try tips in this though some of these are something I don't manage to even try (e.g. the clean startup). After crashing to the desktop I also tried to change compatilibity settings to 98/ME, it started but voice was even worse and I shut it down by ctrl+alt+del and then it did this not-starting again. So if any of you have same problems and/or have solved this, let me now. I want to play! I also let you know if I find what's wrong.

///EDIT: I also add that I don't own any downloads in the game.