• Total Members
    • Most Online

JT12
    Newest Member
    JT12

• ZKH

Bird zoo

fountain

That's good to know about the penguins! And smart idea to test it in another map. I really need to do that more instead of just building it where I would want it in my current zoo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Firehawke

• Savannahjan

• JohnT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Flightless cormorant from And1 will swim a little bit in a tank.

I'm going to take a little break from the bird zoo to work on the city map.

But first more pictures. I added Aussie birds Magpie Goose, Plumed Whistling duck, Jaibru(sp), and Malaysia ducks, andNz kiwi.

post-21902-134560339514_thumb.jpg

post-21902-134560351414_thumb.jpg

post-21902-134560344862_thumb.jpg

post-21902-134560355769_thumb.jpg

More fun birds! Is it the in-game city map? Can't wait to see what you build!

More fun birds! Is it the in-game city map? Can't wait to see what you build!

No. It is the one Zoo Grammy used to make Seattle streets screenshots.

The map is a challenge because you more-or-less have to decide on a philosophy or backstory/town history and a goal before clearing or tidying up any buildings or damaged items. There is very little open space and natural foliage and a lot of asphalt and scenery only structures. You have to decide where you want the guests to visit unless you enjoy watching them wander around all the sidewalk paths. And you know one or two will wander aimlessly toward the exterior fence if you do not give them enough to look at and you do not block-off "employee only" areas.

Oh, that map! I can't wait to see what you do with it! I should look at it some time. I love what ZG did with it.

Have fun!

Savannahjan

I love the addition of the slightly skewed building, the big white one, I think it is one Jane did in the beach series. When you get an arial view of our zoos, sometimes the fact that all the buildings are facing exactly square can make the whole thing look very blocky. This one building being there seems to reset the total visual experience, making it all seem more natural. I don't think I'm expressing this very well.

I love the addition of the slightly skewed building, the big white one, I think it is one Jane did in the beach series. When you get an arial view of our zoos, sometimes the fact that all the buildings are facing exactly square can make the whole thing look very blocky. This one building being there seems to reset the total visual experience, making it all seem more natural. I don't think I'm expressing this very well.

Yes it is from the beach series. Many of those buildings are slightly off-the-square. On this map that looks really good. Another thing is I thought the entrance was at a different place so I had some dancing around to figure out how to get guests access to the actual entrance. Plus I like the advertising murals on the side. I really like looking at the details.

Thinking about your "reset" comment, it could be that being skewed also makes it look like it is an older building that may have been annexed or included as land donated to the zoo. Gives the zoo a sense of history, maybe?

You did a fantastic job...what else can I say...keep up all the hard work...it sure pays off...can't wait to see the next zoo!!!