hshelby99
    Newest Member
    hshelby99

• kong
    • MarkBL20
    • strider213

?Inside out zoo?

fountain

I keep rotating 180 degrees zoo gate (with zoo admin map editor) and it still won't let me place objects inside the zoo --after I save and close the game, remove the map editor file, reopen the whole game-- but I can place objects outside the walls. I have successfully map edited a different freeform map without problems a couple days ago. Is there an "inside" side of the zoo wall? I am using the in-game mars map as the re-edit base. And I expanded the zoo size but the zoo walls are all at least 3 squares from the edge of the map. I also added some buildings and trees outside the zoo walls.

Easy...you've placed your zoo-entrance the wrong way, turn it around and save the game again...this should help.

Good luck!

Same thing has happened to me too . Sometimes i just play without the gate and put buildings on the outside too , so people can go in and out .

This happens to me every time I use the editor - I have yet to figure out visual difference between the front & back of the gates - just trial & error.

If you look at the sides of the gate, there is a difference . one side has a "tab" at the bottom of the gate that sticks out farther than the other side . I find that generally the wider "tab" does to the right side , if you are out and looking into the zoo . There is an occasion , now and then ( depending on which map you are using ) that it will be reversed but not often .

If you look at the sides of the gate, there is a difference . one side has a "tab" at the bottom of the gate that sticks out farther than the other side . I find that generally the wider "tab" does to the right side , if you are out and looking into the zoo . There is an occasion , now and then ( depending on which map you are using ) that it will be reversed but not often .

This was a big help! I noted tonight that I could not delete the wall by the gate so I reread the text file with the editor and did it step-by-step. When the map map editor was loaded I then deleted part of the wall by the gate and put one sq between the gate and the ticket booth. So instead of the wall going straight it now has 2 "alcoves" then the gate is "set in" from the straight line of the wall.

post-21902-135355745662_thumb.jpg

You can also see a bit of ground or dirt-colored smear at the base of the arch. The little smear seems to be the "inside" and the larger smear seems to be the "outside" of the arch.

post-21902-135355744796_thumb.jpg

The larger dirt area on the right-hand side base of the arch is easier to see below. The left-hand base has the same size of size of dirt.

post-21902-135355746537_thumb.jpg

Those changes and my zoo seems to be working fine.

Yes , that is a good idea . I sometimes turn the last two wall pieces straight in too . I like your concept . There are differences on the gates but they are hard to see at first . Glad that hint helped you out .

You are welcome ashea . It took me a while to find the differences . Glad it helped .

Savannahjan

This is some great info. I've done the same thing with the backwards gate. Thanks for posting with the pics.