• Most Online

ZooTycooner
    Newest Member
    ZooTycooner

• Truly_happy
    • Vainon_ajat

Getting ZT2

Guest MrBlue

I recently ordered ZT2 from Amazon to try it out. I should be getting it either today or tomorrow. I have enjoyed ZT1 alot, but I just thought I'd give ZT2 a try since I have never played it before. I've looked at some of ZTP's screenshots and it looks interesting. I've also checked out some videos on youtube and saw that you could walk around your zoo in a guest mode, which I think is really nifty!

I got the ultimate collection, so I just have something I want to ask. I have heard that ZT2 is a really fun game and I just really want to know if it is a good game as said. I want your opinions on it. Likes and dislikes. It would be really great to hear some thoughts so I make sure I got my money's worth (even though it was only $24.)

I really enjoy it (although ZT1 will always be my favorite!). It's really fun to walk around the zoos and meet different challanges. There's also a lot of fun downloads out there! Hope you enjoy it, Siku!

I have all the versions and zt1cc is by far my favorite . So many more downloads available and so many more options . If you see my screenshot post from today , I have learned that you can build a zoo without fences and a gate . with zt1cc . The only thing I like about zt2 is how you can enter the exhibits and walk around on ground level .

I'll still play ZT1cc no matter what. It has always been my favorite game, even when I was a little guy. Having autism (I have Asperger's syndrome), it was hard for me to communicate with other kids. ZT1 and those other games opened me up to a world where now that I'm 20, it's easier for me to make friends through a common interest of games and animals.

I spent most of my childhood years playing ZT1, but got into my teens and moved over to video games. Now that I got back into ZT1, I just want to see what ZT2 is like since I never played it, but knew of others who have and they claimed that it was better than ZT1. So we'll see. :)

I'll still play ZT1cc no matter what. It has always been my favorite game, even when I was a little guy. Having autism (I have Asperger's syndrome), it was hard for me to communicate with other kids. ZT1 and those other games opened me up to a world where now that I'm 20, it's easier for me to make friends through a common interest of games and animals.

I spent most of my childhood years playing ZT1, but got into my teens and moved over to video games. Now that I got back into ZT1, I just want to see what ZT2 is like since I never played it, but knew of others who have and they claimed that it was better than ZT1. So we'll see. :)

siku you are right about this game being theraputic . my grandson whom I am raising also has asperger syndrome . He loves zoo tycoon cc . I hope you like zt 2 . It is quiet different than the others but entertaining since you can get on street level and walk through the zoo and into exhibits . Good luck with it .

Yes, both versions are very relaxing. I switch my loyalties between the two. At the moment, I am favouring ZT2, but that probably won't last too long. Love them both really! :glitter_happy:/>

I love both~ there's different characteristic in zt1 and zt2...you can make your own zoo when you play zt1 and zt2. :)

What I have learned about "using" zt2 is...

1.You need a good computer and hardware so that you can use the large map zoos, put lots of items and see more real effect...

2.Because it's 3D version, so when you designing the zoo, may be more careful and think how to design.

3.After a long time and there are so many zt2 sites, some player may think the original animals in the game are not so real and ugly, they really need to be re-make..I think because some designers make the items real-life and if you use a strange animal model, the whole scenery will be strange..

4.Because it's 3D game, any items need lots of coding and coloring, so the designers need lots of time to create, not everyone can easily make the items, but zt1 players can make the items if they want, because of APE and other tools..(except some difficult coding like paths, buildings,...need the advanced technology)

I've tried out ZT2 with results I wasn't really expecting. I personally prefer ZT1 over it now. The landscape construction part just isn't something I am able to get used to compared to ZT1's. Some of the user created content I've seen looks so lovely with how it could be implemented into ZT2, but I just don't think I have the patience. I also have to agree that the animals are...not as well looking as their counterparts in ZT1.

I think that ZT2 was pretty much thought for younger ones, where has ZT1's market is slightly older. I'm probably going to get back to focusing on ZT1 and only play ZT2 when I'm bored of ZT1.

Thank you everyone on your thoughts.

You are very welcome Siku . zt2 definately has it challenges . Did you try the street level feature where you can walk around among the people and animals . That is the only thing I like about zt2 . Otherwise , it just dont seem as "user friendly " .

You are very welcome Siku . zt2 definately has it challenges . Did you try the street level feature where you can walk around among the people and animals . That is the only thing I like about zt2 . Otherwise , it just dont seem as "user friendly " .

I tried it and I did enjoy it. It is fun to walk around and get to see what happens on the ground and actually be able to interact with the animals. I think it is an okay game, but there still could have been some better decisions that could have been made.