Thorbjc

• TheOneCalledWaffle
    • Goosifer
    • MarkBL20
    • strider213

Rocky Cliff Falls

ZooGrammy

ZooGrammy

I'm working on a new zoo with a Lighthouse theme and also plan to make a resort area with houseboats. I would really like some suggestions and idea. All idea are welcome. Here are 3 views of what I have done so far.

post-12-136062484944_thumb.jpg

post-12-136062485868_thumb.jpg

post-12-136062486941_thumb.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZooGrammy

• ARIZNANA

• Firehawke

• Fern

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love it zoogrammy . I was waiting for that lighhouse theme . Beautiful rocky cliffs . where are you putting the animals . There is a sea gull also .

ZooGrammy

AZ, I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm planning on using mostly birds and seals. I guess a sea otter would work too. I just want the cliffs to look natural. I didn't realize how hard it would be to do that. I have just about every large rock I could find in my game. I've been studying pictures of lighthouses, rock cliffs and also houseboats around Seattle, Washington.

Looking at the pictures, I think I need to tuck in a lot more foliage. I want to have lighthouses with a building for the lighthouse keeper near by. All of the ones I've seen have some kind of building.

I really would love more input from all you great zoo builders.

AZ, I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm planning on using mostly birds and seals. I guess a sea otter would work too. I just want the cliffs to look natural. I didn't realize how hard it would be to do that. I have just about every large rock I could find in my game. I've been studying pictures of lighthouses, rock cliffs and also houseboats around Seattle, Washington.

Looking at the pictures, I think I need to tuck in a lot more foliage. I want to have lighthouses with a building for the lighthouse keeper near by. All of the ones I've seen have some kind of building.

I really would love more input from all you great zoo builders.

Do you have Genkis cliffs and wall pak

ZooGrammy
wavesmile.gif Here's another question that I've never seen anyone talk about. I like the terrain to look natural, that is not just one color. Do you have a planned color scheme? I saw a zoo map once that used the grass color and savannah color next to water and that made a very nice water edge. I really need to hear from all the artists out there.

Do you have Genkis cliffs and walls pak . and how about the little abandon building from the shark pak . its brown and tan . When I make beachy water edge , I use sand , brown rock and dirt mixed . along with a little beach grass . You can add grey rock depending on where your beach and lighthouse are located .

ZooGrammy

Thank you AZ and Fern. Yes I have Genki's cliffs and wall pack in the game. I also just added Catfish's vine fences as you always end up with a little brown raised block showing here and there and the vine fences can go behind and change the color a little. Yes I am using the abandon building somewhere in the zoo. I like both of your suggestions for beach edge. Fern I often look at your beach screen Seal Watch.

post-12-136069538071_thumb.jpg

Wonderful pics!!! I love the theme and your terrain blending looks really good in the last pic! Have you thought about removing the outer zoo wall???