asd294

• Goosifer
    • MarkBL20
    • And 1
    • (Admin)Cricket

Capybara suitability guide

barbinflorida

barbinflorida

The download does not give any info. The animal comes up with water and the water reed listed. I get the keeper notice to say it is well suited but they scream for more animals. Their exhibit is huge and I really don't want to make it the largest in the zoo. has anyone reached an optimal number of animals to be happy together and how much space it took? if not, I will experiment as I think maybe a few pairs will finally be happy but boy do they need a LOT of room!

it is from ZA by fern. thanks

LOL it is not by me. Make sure you read the post it will have "Author:"

In this case it is by RSN

Yes it does need a lot of room 600 tiles for 6 adults. My guess it that RSN did not mean that but nor is it something that should be changed if the file was updated because it would be in saved zoos. You could ask JohnT to make a new one. Or try the one from ZKL that is by Devona.

Results From Configuration Checking:

3e1d518d.uca date: Tue Nov 25 22:55:58 2003

*** Warning: The [] section is unnecessary and could be removed.

*** Warning: cCaptivity setting is greater than 20.

*** Warning: Sum of family, genus, and animal id/type values are < 0.

*** Warning: uca/ai file contains the word 'Undefined'.

*** Warning: BehaviorSet sections contain duplicate lines.

Animal Type: 3E1D518D

Number of animals allowed per exhibit: 6-50 with 100 squares for each adult.

Exhibit size (for 6 adults): 600 grid squares

Terrain (for exhibit with 600 grid squares):

330 Fresh Water, 30 Sand, 30 Dirt, 60 Grass, 150 Rainforest Floor

Foliage (for exhibit with 600 grid squares):

60 grid squares should contain foliage.

Foliage that would give the most happiness: Ulmo Tree

Since this is a small plant, greatest happiness will occur

if each of the 60 grid squares contains 4 of this plant.

Rocks (for exhibit with 600 grid squares):

24 Small Ocean Floor Rock (MM), which is its most liked rock.

barbinflorida

Thanks so much, fern. I didn't even look at author, it said 'by fern', I guess that meant the posting of the download. I'll look at the other and then see what I can do.

LOL you will find that at many sites as I had permissions to upload at many. Sites either changed or had to reload and I would help since I had the infomation that was sometimes lost.

barbinflorida

yes, I have seen your name everywhere-you are like a guardian angel. I looked at the other capybara but it looks like a hippo rather than the new animal I have. I made the exhibit to the specs you posted and naturally, they had objections but it was much easier to alter it since it was so close. I'll see how it goes over time. I wouldn't think the exhibit would get a very good rating from guests as there are few animals for such a long walk. it's kind of odd since, at the zoo, there are quite a few animals in a fairly small exhibit and they seem very happy-always snuggled up to each other in a heap.

I've used the cappy in a couple of my zoos but I never made their exhibits 600 squares because I used Devona's ,but your right it does look like a hippo. The other one is brown in color and for me it just didn't look much like a cappy and I could never make them happy, now I know why..

barbinflorida

you're right about the color-they are cinnamon and the real capy is almost a blond. the shape is right and I like how they look in the exhibit but the space is a bit much. I may have to take them out if they won't be happy even with 600 squares of room!

post-75954-136293888472_thumb.jpg

barbinflorida

right, I had 6 but they were a pain. complained like the mountain lions and pooed everywhere! 2 keepers couldn't keep them clean. disappointed. I followed your guide square for square. sigh.

Well if I bounce into an animal like that and I didn't enjoy laying it was a once in my lifetime experience and unless for a contest won't use it ever again

This one I never tried and by the looks of it I better not

UCA's/UCI's should be fun to play with