• Most Online

JT12
    Newest Member
    JT12

• There are no registered users currently online

Trout River Zoo

barbinflorida

barbinflorida

Would one of the Admins. please move the aviary posts to this thread? I hadn't realized I could not change the topic and will post all screenshots of my zoo in one thread...thanks.

This is a shot of the Tapir exhibit in the center with a hill at the top for viewing them and the Okapi on the other side. Bottom right is the combined Ostrich and Rhinoceros pen. Bottom left is a scenery section of the Thompson's gazelle section. Top left is a tiny section of the Asian Elephant exhibit which was the old Capybara.

Having a bit of a problem with the keeper for the elephants. They go in, walk out, stand around, go in repeat. I moved the door to see if that would help. I checked and there is no section of invisible fencing blocking them. If I put them farther into the exhibit, they will clean or feed with no problem but go back to the corner and are confused again. (I just watched my keeper monitor within the elephant enclosure and go out and come back in a go to rakepoo. maybe changing the door position made a difference?

post-75954-136295185847_thumb.jpg

Beautiful looking pic!!!

I have that problem with keepers sometimes...they go to the wrong side of the exhibit looking for a way out or something to do. Drives me nuts sometimes! :gnomesmileyf:

Cant' wait to see more!