Newest Member
    Thorbjc

• Goosifer
    • bxdczoo
    • Truly_happy
    • (Admin)Cricket

World of Colors Zoo

kittencasi

Hi everyone, this is my first zoo post and my first ever fully completed zoo. The theme of the zoo and name was inspired by Disney's wonderful world of color series. My Dad who grew up in that era made sure to show me as young girl many of the classics in movie culture and Disney culture from out past. I tried to enhance my zoo with enough visual colors while keeping a consistent blue tone throughout the entire piece. As you can see I just LOOVE fountains and flowers and all things cute. My Zoo's rating reached a high of 94, with 97 guest happiness, and 98 animal happiness. I only had 1 mad person throughout the entirety of the zoo, which as a fluke as they got stuck on my 'guest containing fences in white'. Some of my favorite parts in this zoo have to be the center pieces as a lot of thought was put into designing those. I also liked watching the pretty butterflies multiply while listening to the repetitive song that comes with the 'Carnival popcorn stand' building -Pretty sure I'm sick of it now hah. I was and still am very worried that my zoo looks rather cramped, constructive criticism would be appreciated. I'd have to say I'd give a personal "overall rating" of 92 for my zoo :P as there need to be improvements but it is rather fun to look at.

post-105754-136549989225_thumb.jpgpost-105754-136549989523_thumb.jpgpost-105754-136549989725_thumb.jpgpost-105754-136549989948_thumb.jpgpost-105754-136549990202_thumb.jpgpost-105754-136549990411_thumb.jpgpost-105754-136549990658_thumb.jpgpost-105754-136549990849_thumb.jpgpost-105754-136549991049_thumb.jpgpost-105754-13654999126_thumb.jpg

And also my favorite centerpiece featured here. post-105754-136550010735_thumb.jpg

I love your center but I really love what you did with the pink columns. You are a clever designer. I wouldn't have thought of doing that.

I love your center but I really love what you did with the pink columns. You are a clever designer. I wouldn't have thought of doing that.

Thanks Fern! I actually didn't mean to come up with that. Originally I was messing around with the columns trying to make them fit around an exhibit. I couldn't get them to easily space out perfectly per 1x1 square so I gave up on it. Had the same issue with that little boxed area but saw that if I double up by half a square I could align a perfect pattern around it. Added the extras to give it some depth and it turned out rather well, that would be my second favorite center piece.

ZooGrammy

I had to snag a couple of pictures of the center entrance and the columns with the waterfall. It's just wonderful!!!post-59-1251675558.gif

Very nice.. Love your center piece. Great stats.

If you think your zoo looks a bit crowed, try placing 2-3 tiles between the exhibits that will help. Glad you found this site, it is truly the best.

Savannahjan

Skylass, your zoo is gorgeous! I don't always like very colorful zoos, but yours is just so beautiful. It is colorful, but everything goes together so well. I love your use of elevation, too. The zoo is busy, but in such a delightful way. I must say for your first completed zoo, you did a wonderful job. I hope you will join in some of our contests.

Very nice.. Love your center piece. Great stats.

If you think your zoo looks a bit crowed, try placing 2-3 tiles between the exhibits that will help. Glad you found this site, it is truly the best.

Yeah I didn't think about deleting all the zoo walls in dev mode, I only deleted a small section but tried to add as much as I could with the space I made. I could've made more space :(.

Skylass, your zoo is gorgeous! I don't always like very colorful zoos, but yours is just so beautiful. It is colorful, but everything goes together so well. I love your use of elevation, too. The zoo is busy, but in such a delightful way. I must say for your first completed zoo, you did a wonderful job. I hope you will join in some of our contests.

Thank you Savannahjan, I plan on getting into contents! I'm currently working on a new zoo that takes on a 'spiral effect' in elevation into different Biomes , my original zoo that I had almost completed got corrupted somehow, thinking it may be the invisible fence I downloaded (not sure, going to test it soon). I've made a new zoo but thought of a way to design it better and with different terrains than before. I should be done with it this weekend hopefully. :)