• MaastrichianFan
    • qkr5614
    • Goosifer
    • MetaKnight

Guest Trap Behavior -- DOH!

fountain

By way of :254:/>/>

post-21902-137450013768_thumb.jpg

The guests were not eating ice cream after the dolphin show and so the zoo was losing money. I moved ice cream to the dolphin show area. It soon started earning money.

I often use concrete in these food areas so guest do not shortcut through them. To brighten it up I used citrus sun path by Genki and green prism path by Yellowrose.

Although the above screen looks okay at first glance it hold a :hexer:/>/>

An amazing number of people are lined up at the trash can and getting hungerier and more thirsty when you check the stats.

The problem and the solution is revealed below:

post-21902-137450014307_thumb.jpg

Apparently the guests cannot figure out how to move from colored sq to another, unless you put other paths between.

post-21902-137450110752_thumb.jpg

Dumb guests. Some guests will hike across undeveloped ground but these guys are stumped.

• Haha 1

It is funny how some guests will react in the game. Your pics are great showing great care in building a show tank and exhibit area with food court. I love your zoo pictures!! winnersmiley.gifaquarium2-smiley.gifgreenstars.gif

• Thanks 1

It seems like the bug.. I have one more thing...if I build the 1st shows, no guest come...and then I delete the 1st one, build the 2nd one, the guests come...= =

It seems like the bug.. I have one more thing...if I build the 1st shows, no guest come...and then I delete the 1st one, build the 2nd one, the guests come...= =

"If you build it they will come."

Guest usually will not arrive until the second show starts because it takes time to find out there is a show and to walk there. Build it and check on it about a month later.

After the show the guests walk to bathrooms and food, then tend to head for the gate to leave. Build your shows toward the rear of the zoo. I do not provide guests a direct path to the gate. I want them to slow down and walk by other exhibits on the way out. Maybe they will eat and enjoy the zoo more and contribute to exhibits or become benefactors as they leave.

I cannot say it works. This zoo is 6 years old and has 76 benefactors which is the most I've ever had.

I set my show schedule to "infrequent" and every 4 months change the schedule to "never" so the animals rest longer and let the guests wander around more.

weird my guests always walk straight there from of the very first show. the game works in mysterious ways

WaterDragoon

I remember a very long time ago I attempted to creat a single path that followed the zoo wall from the entrance around the entire map with exibihits on the inside. About half way accross the top of the map guest tried to head directly toward the exit and got mad and fustrated that they could not go through the fence section. hundreds of quests accumulated...

• 10 years later...
On 7/23/2013 at 7:48 PM, WaterDragoon said:

I remember a very long time ago I attempted to creat a single path that followed the zoo wall from the entrance around the entire map with exibihits on the inside. About half way accross the top of the map guest tried to head directly toward the exit and got mad and fustrated that they could not go through the fence section. hundreds of quests accumulated...

I think this is happening to me now! they just accumulate by the hundreds walking in circles, crazy. I was here looking for an answer to this!