• Most Online

Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• kenny
    • MaastrichianFan

Save File Location

spinoxxx

hello! I would like to ask where can I find the save files' location? Or where can I find the profile file. I would like to install windows 7 from xp. So possibly everything will be lost and I would like to make a back up from my save/profile to not start from the beginning. Please help!

Savannahjan

I believe if you upgrade from XP to Win7 you will completely reformat your computer hard drive. Everything will probably go. You do need to do a backup of saved files and your computer control panel should give you that option. I can't remember how to get there, it's been so long singe I used XP. You may have a lot of files so it may take several CDs or flash drives to hold it all. I am not sure how to advise you to proceed.

ARE YOU UPGRADING FROM WINXP TO WIN 7 ? OR INSTALLING A NEW COPY OF WIN 7 .

WHAT KIND OF FILES ARE YOU TRYING TO SAVE . ABOUT HOW MANY FILES DO YOU NEED TO SAVE .

I suggest goggling your question and read the instructions at various sites. Frankly it is easier to transfer files from one computer to another. Your computer must have the capacity to hold Windows 7. My adult son got refurbish computers with larger capacity 7 already installed on it "just" involved transferring files via cable.

Now ZT was another story because the game had to be installed on the new computer and my downloaded user created items (UCI) uploaded onto a memory stick and transferred that way. And I created new folder within the game to hold UCI maps.

Ask around for friends or acquaintances who could help you in person and what kind of bribe they'd like in exchange.

I would like to upgrade to win xp to win7. May be the files will not be lost. But I want be sure. The campaigns, unclockables all are done, and I don't want to lost them and start again the full game. I just want to know what file(s) make my profile.

Click Start or on My Computer (if latter, click on main hard drive icon and find Program files)

Click on Program files

Click on Microsoft Games (there may be more than one games folder) FYI in Windows 7 ZT is located in Games folder "x86" because of screen resolution?

Click on ZT

Click on "dlupdate" and copy to memory stick. This saves your downloads for your current games.

Click on "Saved Games" and copy to memory stick/flash drive. This saves your current games.

Copy any UCI maps you may be using to memory stick.

If you have ZT CC you should be okay for the basics when you reinstall the game. If you have lost the flag or N Africa, Kids dino, or Mexican theme XPACK(s) I believe those are available at Zoo Tycoon Unlimited Forum (ZTUF) website and others.

After you install ZT on on the upgraded computer transfer the contents of rhe memory stick's "dlupdate" folder to the game's "dlupdate" folder. Same with the "Saved Games" folder.

You should be good to go, however I cannot guarantee the in-game scenarios and open statue awards & research will be there. ( I only play freeform or UCI maps with the Freeform Unlock cheat for years now. I never did win all the scenarios.)

Oops. Almost forgot. You will also have to add the langs "Fern", "Tek", and others to make the UCIs work.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks for the help! :D I found the file:in the main directory the zoo.ini file includes the scenarios progress. I don't know that the unclockables still unclocked, I tested just on the main game: Zoo Tycoon.(I have complete collection so the zoo.ini file is from there) About the UCI items, don't worry I put them into another folder too, not just in the game directory and I saved them yet.;) Thanks again for the help. I'm a bit nervous because this will be my first OS upgrade. I hope this thread will help to somebody else too.