• EmpN
    • Goosifer
    • Hawkkeye666
    • (Admin)Cricket
    • fifironi

Raptor Show

The_sagebrush_kid

The_sagebrush_kid

I forget when it was that I asked about making a Birds of Prey show like you find at zoos and guys here said it would be hard to impossible to do as an actually attraction. Annoyed that it could not be done I finally figured out how to get the next best thing. In general, piece it together with benches, props and invisible fences.

Top shot is from the back of the show, where you can see the stands. Learned to craw people to this area by cutting down on the benches around the show. Hurdles become perches and zoo keepers becomes show operators.

Bottom shot is the entrance into the show. I eliminated the trees that blocked the view. USed one of the object buildings someone made and a "Raptor Station." These shots show kestrals on display but I swap them out now and then with American eagles and owls and other birds about every year of game time and have to change the terrain to keep whatever bird I use happy. In my "dream" so I have this one and another for Parrots/Toucans. No problem keeping the people and the animals happy either ;)

post-56796-0-69706800-1404764116_thumb.png

ZooGrammy

Very creative and well done. Had to snag both of those pictures

The_sagebrush_kid

Heheh. No problem. Glad you like it.

Professor Paul

Just a suggestion for a very minor improvement,make a square out of rocks with a gap in the centre & put a keeper in it. You can keep a keeper in the exhibit that way and it will look like they are running the display!

post-5-0-08997200-1404845451_thumb.jpg

caddienoah

Excellent show and ideas!!!...I will have to try this idea too!

This would work well into an idea I have of a workbench...

The_sagebrush_kid

I tried that but the keeper is still walking out. I did designate two keepers to the exhibit, that way there is always atleast one keeper in the exhibit at all times.

The_sagebrush_kid

Thanks. :D Good luck. Would love to see what you come up with.

Terrific job!

I will have to try some time!

Thanks for sharing!

BTW Where are the hurdles from?

The_sagebrush_kid

It was from a pack I found that has objects to put in exhibits. Has feeders, water trophs, and toys. I forgot who made it because I changed the file name so I can find it easier. Sorry. Maybe the person that knows which download it is, can post the link to it.