Vondell's Current Projects

Vondell

Vondell

testing.png

All the animations are in place! Here's the first ingame test run :) Click to see animation.

post-9648-0-85652900-1420245773_thumb.gif

post-9648-0-02583500-1420245782_thumb.gif

Vondell

tumblr_inline_nhlaguinT51sh0u1j.giftumblr_inline_nhlah0CbTl1sh0u1j.giftumblr_inline_nhlah5wRT31sh0u1j.giftumblr_inline_nhlaha9l9y1sh0u1j.giftumblr_inline_nhlaheElUs1sh0u1j.gif

Walk cycle is always the hardest to get right, but I think it's finally getting where it needs to be!

Congratulations with all your hard work so far Vondell!

I'm very excited to see what you've done with the approach I am hoping to master myself one day, and it's great to know there's someone more talented out here with obviously a talent for Blender and a passion for ZT1!

I'm hoping to learn a lot from you. I only have one minor suggestion: you're creating such a great new little animal, but I think the icon looks a bit different than the usual "green" type? Have you based it on the ZT1 blank icons-download which is around on this site somewhere?

I'm really picky when it comes to user created downloads, but this one is definitely one I'm going to have in my zoos.

Vondell

thanks pukkie :)

jbl, it's intentional, actually! it doesn't make much sense yet since you guys have only seen one of my projects in the menu, but I'm planning for all my content to have matching icons. I'm still fiddling with them to make them look good within the menu UI, it's weird because the menu itself doesn't perfectly align them and the holes they show through are slightly lopsided by a few pixels on the edges.

post-9648-0-79186800-1420314896.png

post-9648-0-25348800-1420314902.png

post-9648-0-46815800-1420314910.png

Oh, that explains why :)

I was just assuming you'd follow the regular ZT1 approach Blue Fang had. Just basic terrain icons for animals, and the custom ones for objects, paths, fences... Basically everything else :)

Vondell

I figured just by virtue of them being custom, they'd inevitably be noticeably different from the official Blue Fang items; all CC icons up looking slightly different. I figured instead of trying to match them exactly I'd do something distinct and also visually appealing that matchES all the right terrain colors.

Savannahjan

Cricket creates unique backgrounds for creations. I love the plaques you've made. I am really looking forward to your animals.