Age of Tycoon

Serpyderpy

20 hours ago, savannahjan said:

The sheep are beautiful in game.  I love the turkey, chicken and goat; looks like old McDonald will be fully stocked!  Those hawks look very good too.  This is so exciting!

I've also had that pop sound when I have added a wav to something; I need to do some homework about that as well.

I have a feeling ZT1 might only play nice with sounds that were made very similar to the sounds they use, I tried bitcrushing the sound and doing all kinds of things to it, cutting it, buffing it, trying to lower the size of the .wav itself, but the pop either got worse or didn't change at all. Not too sure what's going on, honestly.

12 hours ago, Fern said:

That ape is not APExp which could be unstable it is an updated version. If you have problems Jay would like to know as he is the one who updated it.

Have fun.

I did grab the latest version of APExp, if it's unstable then that's alright! Honestly I haven't had many crashes apart from it refusing to let me edit the crocodile, for some reason.

I managed to get a good workflow going, and was able to add a program to the multitudes of the ones I already have that allows me to batch resize sprites, meaning I can make young graphics much quicker than resizing them all by hand. So with that under my belt, I managed to push forward and finish up the cow!

64zFYh2.png

• Like 1

Professor Paul

Glad to see the barn Jane designed after my idea as well  

Vondell

I was wondering if the sizes were gonna present any issue. Nice going! I wouldn't even be able to tell they were resized if I hadn't known already.

She is so pretty!

Thank you, everyone! I managed to finish them up and find sounds that behave, so the cow has been submitted and is now pending approval. As soon as I replace the sounds for the sheep and fix the awkward formatting in it's description, it shouldn't be too long until I submit them, as well. Scarlet macaw is essentially done, too, though I would like to find a proper sound for it.

The brown goat is now making the transition into a true animal. I managed to extract a few other things from the game as well, mainly landscaping things, and a few aforementioned animals that I couldn't previously get a hold of due to the graphics corrupting.

y69A9ic.gif

A falcon.

SmohFe0.gif

A stork.

r8RPJJJ.gif

A camel.

vcQE3jg.gif

An asian elephant.

ZWAFik9.gif

An african elephant.

Below are some fish 'units' that could be good for a fishery or something.

Lrp8MO3.gif

Jumping perch.

O6xIgOR.gif

Jumping salmon.

IPFFYY0.gif

Jumping tuna.

4a1DctP.gif

Jumping snapper.

WpXoh7g.gif

Jumping dorado.

sf4rmCd.gif

Jumping 'shorefish', maybe sprat or sardines?

Some bigger 'fish' units.

kGGhBdH.gif

A marlin.

p6XI4Ls.gif

A dolphin.

A33lBV1.gif

A whale.

• Like 1

The jumping fish would be perfect for the little ponds I make to decorate my zoos! 

Any chance of a Bactrian Camel? Raccoon?  Sorry, I get carried away.

These are all great.  I really like the stork.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeatherL said:

The jumping fish would be perfect for the little ponds I make to decorate my zoos! 

Any chance of a Bactrian Camel? Raccoon?  Sorry, I get carried away.

These are all great.  I really like the stork.

If I can figure out how the ZT2 scripts work, I can try and get both of those animals in-game, they're unfortunately not in AOE. D:

1 hour ago, Z.Z. said:

Oh I LOVE the jumping fish!

Could they be habitat neutral decor so they could be used just about anywhere?

And here are some Macaw sounds:

http://freesound.org/search/?q=macaw

I made the fish habitat neutral, you can place them anywhere and you can ever put them in tanks, if you want, though it does look a bit odd. The shore fish are 1x1 and the others are all 2x2. I haven't added the bigger three units since we already have all three of those animals in-game as actual animals. Scenery is much easier to compile than animals so I'll be submitting these too!

TtrmUpV.png

• Like 1