Age of Tycoon

Serpyderpy

23 hours ago, Z.Z. said:

To make things appear on top of the water in a tank just add a code line:

cSurface = 1

But make sure it doesnt have the cUnderwater command or there will be a conflict.

As far as I know guests thoughts are only available for things purchased from buildings, animals, and general ambiance, for instance a guest will think things like "This area is lovely" but I dont think they have thoughts for specific decor items, and there is no code for guest thoughts in decor items, rocks, or foliage.

Hope that helps :)

It does, thank you! It's a shame that there aren't really any specific thoughts for scenery because I have a lot of ideas I'd like to turn into buildings but I have zero idea how they work and I guess implementing thoughts onto scenery would be a lot easier without all the specifics of making a working building. Speaking of scenery, I cooked this one up after playing around with Jane's buildings, especially the Wild Froggy life with the kiss-a-frog booth thought, just for giggles.

dw2mlMh.png

You remember that tutorial? Yeah, that one that gave you trust issues for deleting the fence and insisted that the fully grown Allosaurus inside was quite tame? Well, it turns out they got the wrong Allosaurus! This charming and exceptionally well-trained theropod is willing to let any guest give him a little kiss on the nose, for a tiny fee that goes straight to charities to help cloned dinosaurs live a happy life inside zoos and reserves instead of falling victim and becoming test fodder in awful facilities, often for ill means.

... well, that's what I'd rationalise if I could make it into a building, but I don't think I'm quite there yet in terms of making downloads. ;__; Right now it's just scenery with a boosted aesthetic value and a little bit of story tacked on, because who doesn't like giving their zoos character. It's animated, and occupies a 3x3 space. There is a lot of dead space around the actual item itself so decorating it seems to work quite well, like I did with the screenshot.

it's a zookeeper because scientists are busy doing scientist things and i definitely almost certainly did not forget halfway through animating that scientists look after dinosaurs and not just eggs and was too lazy to redo all that work

fA91WWm.gif

Bigger. Louder. More teeth.

does she look too big? I tried matching it up to the spino size but their graphics are more stocky and compact rather than long. :c

Okay, messing around with these scripts is fun, but I should probably get to actually, you know, making and releasing some projects, haha. Now that I realise I don't have to waste time making all the graphics and can easily change it in the .uca I think I can get the AOE stuff compiled rather quickly as their avaliable animations are quite limited, usually just standing, running, maybe walking or attacking, which is only good for animals that jerk or shake or something like that.

So! Cow has been trimmed and hopefully optimised, and I'm now working on the sheep and macaw in the same vein. They have new sounds and no pops so we're looking aight for the future. Do scenery items need to optimised at all, or are they much easier to just make and go? If so I'll submit my fishies. 🐟

• Like 1

Z.Z.

Scenery, rocks and foliage are pretty straight up, just the one page of code, not much to tweak.

Im currently learning how to make shelters, there more code to them ;D

That dino looks awesome!

She is Terrible in the original sense- inspiring terror!  I like the size.

Ah, shoot. Does anyone here have any experience with general bug crashes and stuff regarding UCAS? I've run into a problem where my game crashes everytime my custom animal gives birth. First time running into this bug so I'm not too sure what to do, the .uca isn't too clean as I've been back and forth between APE and manual editting which I guess adds stuff back in that I then have to delete. 

You can download the .uca here if anyone is generous enough to try and help see if anything is out of whack in there! I can upload the full file if need be.

Rule 1. Once loaded in Ape and made into a ztd never put it back in ape. Do all editing manually.

Did you save the original?

From Jay: Although there are a lot of problems in the ".uca", I suspect a crash at the time an animal gives birth is related to animations, such as a missing ".pal" file. She can use Zoot to go through all of the animation views for the animal to see that they all appear. If she cannot find the problem, then I would need the full file to find the problem.