Age of Tycoon

Serpyderpy

Guest thoughts for animals are related to the happiness or suitabilty of the exhibit which is why those are pretty standard.

"%s looks really happy."
 "%s looks really angry."

This is an exhibit command "%s is feeling crowded by too many guests." So the game replaces the % with the animal.

These are the dll ids but the game program is what does the rest and we cannot change that.

For objects and buildings to have guest thoughts they need to have a dll id and be in an ai or ucb format. DLL ids are limited so we often reuse already made ones especially for food and drink if we can. For gift shops and restaurants we just use the ingame ones. For attractions like CDL's coloured buildings I tried to find something that would give some information about the animals in that building. One of my favourites that I made was And1's Madagascar Amphibian House. I spent some time on wikipedia looking for something to say and came up with these for the tooltip and guest thought. "Guests will be amazed seeing some ot this island's over 200 species, including highly endangered burrowing and climbing frogs." "I just loved that bright red tomato frog that sat sooooo still. And that Golden-Mantella was such a bright yellow." That guest thought could be used for some other building. Guest thoughts also are restricted in length. If you go over, even by one letter, what will fit in the guest thought box it will not show up ingame at all.

• 4 weeks later...
Hawkkeye666

Those cow and sheep look great!

Can I download them somewhere?

• 1 year later...
On 10/4/2017 at 1:53 AM, Serpyderpy said:

fA91WWm.gif

Bigger. Louder. More teeth.

does she look too big? I tried matching it up to the spino size but their graphics are more stocky and compact rather than long. :c

Okay, messing around with these scripts is fun, but I should probably get to actually, you know, making and releasing some projects, haha. Now that I realise I don't have to waste time making all the graphics and can easily change it in the .uca I think I can get the AOE stuff compiled rather quickly as their avaliable animations are quite limited, usually just standing, running, maybe walking or attacking, which is only good for animals that jerk or shake or something like that.

So! Cow has been trimmed and hopefully optimised, and I'm now working on the sheep and macaw in the same vein. They have new sounds and no pops so we're looking aight for the future. Do scenery items need to optimised at all, or are they much easier to just make and go? If so I'll submit my fishies. 🐟

totally awsome... cnt wait this animal !!

• Like 1