UI Hack - Bigger Menus by Particle 1.0.0

1 Screenshot

About This File

This mod changes the User Interface, making the Build Menu, the Animal Menu, and the Scenery Menu bigger.  If you would like to see more icons in your menus then this is for you.

This is meant for 1600x900 or higher widescreen resolutions, but will work on any resolution.  There are 2 versions in the zip file, one that is for 800x600 screens, and the bigger one for all the rest.  Only install one version.

This mod integrates with Jay's allow purchase babies mod, thanks to Jay for suggesting this.

This mod is technically a hack, because it modifies the following game files: buldhab.lyt, buya.lyt, buyobj.lyt, and teraform.lyt.  It will not work with other mods that modify the same files.  If you have an older version of this mod or you are using jay's allow purchase babies mod then you should uninstall those mods first before using this one!

If you have any problems, or find any bugs or issues, leave a message here or msg me directly, thanks!

• Like 2
  • Love 6

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Wow, this looks interesting! DIdn't even realize Zoo Tycoon supported these larger resolutions (natively? or by editing the ini file?)

By editing the zoo.ini.  Google "zoo tycoon widescreen" :)

On 8/29/2019 at 2:24 PM, Particle said:

Al editar el zoo.ini. Google "zoo tycoon widescreen" :)

hello Particle, I am interested in knowing that you have modified in zoo.ini, you know, I have problems in that this Hack that you have shared works together with the hack -Allow Purchasing Young Hack-, te dejo el enlace del hack http://www.ztcdd.org/DD/index.php?topic=9289.0 

What the hack -Allow Purchasing Young Hack- ago, it is to be able to buy offspring instead of animals already developed in an adult phase, in particular I like to play with the offspring of the species that I have.

Could you help me with it?

image.png.fcd4affb5c68f211165dfb0c9ecb48b6.png

First of all, Thanks.

Hey everyone there is a new version up now, with a smaller version for 800x600, and jay's purchase babies mod integrated.  Let me know if this works for you!

• Like 1

Particle I just saw the update and it's great, I'm using the 4x12 mode is wonderful, and that adaptation to buy, come without a word .....

I saw that the menus for selecting ZT, MM and / or DD objects have also been improved

image.png.66c03ed0c630cab2a95c7fcea976c5ec.png

Try to make a file combined with the 4x12 menu with the baby patch but only recognize the extended menu hack.

Is it possible to make a combined file?

Thank you for this update, in case it is already very good

yes if you just want to always have the baby hack, then you could just take the ui\buya\young\ folder from the particleUI_purchase_baby_button.ztd and put it in particleUI_bigger_menus_4x12.ztd, and overwrite the ui\buya\young\ files in there.  Should be pretty easy.  :)

On 9/18/2019 at 1:52 AM, Particle said:

Hey everyone there is a new version up now, with a smaller version for 800x600, and jay's purchase babies mod integrated.  Let me know if this works for you!

Oh wow, you actually managed a 800x600 version?

That's awesome, dude! This may be the most UI enhancing and flexible mod I've ever seen.

This is one of those things I'd never know I wanted so much! XD

Really useful mod! Can't believe I found this website after sooo long.

Hi, How can I unistall 4x12 version to can install 4x8? I made a mistake and 4x12 version doesnt fix in my screen. please help

6 minutes ago, RO EL PAPI said:

Hi, How can I unistall 4x12 version to can install 4x8? I made a mistake and 4x12 version doesnt fix in my screen. please help

In theory, this should be as easy as removing (deleting) the 4x12 ztd file then placing the 4x8 ztd file in your dlupdate folder (if you're using Complete Collection).  

7 minutes ago, Cricket said:

In theory, this should be as easy as removing (deleting) the 4x12 ztd file then placing the 4x8 ztd file in your dlupdate folder (if you're using Complete Collection).  

I Cant find the file 4x12 in the game archieves

1 hour ago, RO EL PAPI said:

I Cant find the file 4x12 in the game archieves

If you have Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection, go to the ZT root directory & open your dlupdate folder.  You should see this file:

particleUI_bigger_menus_4x12.ztd

Remove this file.

Add this file instead:

particleUI_big_menus_4x8.ztd

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

If you have Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection, go to the ZT root directory & open your dlupdate folder.  You should see this file:

particleUI_bigger_menus_4x12.ztd

Remove this file.

Add this file instead:

particleUI_big_menus_4x8.ztd

Hope this helps.

thank you so much thats work

• Like 2

Hi,

any chance to get an updated version for even bigger resolutions.

on my uwd monitor native resolution is 5120x1440 would be cool to be able to play at fullscreen native and be able to see the menues without magnifying glasses

Can't believe I forgot these existed after my latest install - such a quality of life improvement, so much menu scrolling time saved ...

• Love 1