• Most Online

jspharm
    Newest Member
    jspharm

• sarahcottrell72

Flippingnowe Hall

Professor Paul

Professor Paul

When Bromley brought back the allosaurs he also brought back an eohippus. I haven't been able to get those yet , but Doug McClure did manage to find me these little beauties. I asked him what land he was in at the time, but he forgot. Time, eh? Merychippus & Hipparion.

post-5-0-83303700-1412146200_thumb.jpg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Professor Paul

• Firehawke

• Fern

• caddienoah

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Professor Paul

Just a namecheck on a few more references;

The Ashmolean is a genuine museum which holds the only authenticated dodo remains still existing.

TJ Breckenridge & Professor Bromley are from the Valley of Gwangi

Doug McClure starred in the Land that Time Forgot.

Ref the Herrerasaurs & Caudipteryx, I saw the fossils of these when in Beijing back in 2002.

Betty White is mentioned in connection with the film Lake Placid. Her character Dolores says that the crocodiles followed her husband home when they were little.

Professor Paul

We're also trying to breed back extinct subspecies .We're not just about the cloning (but we still use it in these programs). At the moment we're trying to recreate Cape Lions & Barbary Lions. Thing is, we have to keep them the at opposite sides of the zoos as the male lions want as many lionesses as they can get

post-5-0-28245800-1412156445_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-19820500-1412156463_thumb.jpg

Professor Paul

Here are the three senior people at the prehistoric part of the Zoo; Professor O'Brien, Dr Harryhausen & Keeper Durrell. O'Brien & Harryhausen are experts at bringing prehistoric creatures back to life. Durrell is an expert at preserving endangered life. You don't often see them together. Those tour guides need to get back to work though. O'Brien has plans to recreate a giant ape & I will soon have alternative empoyment for any blonde who wants to slack off when he does.

Dr Winston also works with us, he's been very active in helping us create some of our dinosaurs. we had to let his assistant, Jonathan Chase go though. We found out he was trying some of the technology out on himself;but he only ever seemed to be able to turn himself into a black panther...

We have other staff as well of course;two keepers called Attenborough. One is a good chap,knows almost everyything about animals & I'm not ashamed to admit he's taught me a few things. The other one came to us in January after a career as a Santa, then tried to convince visitors he owned the park!

The two biggest oddballs are Keepers Morris & Edwards. Morris hangs around the animal enclosures talking in funny voices, trying to make the visitors think it's the animals talking. Edwards just impersonates the animals; he does a scarily realistic t rex.

We do work with outside institutions as well. Dr Own & Dr Mantell at the Natural History Museum in London helped get us off to a very good start. You also get annoyances. I remember one ocassion when I was wracking my little grey cells over a particular problem when Miss Lemon, my secretary interupted me.

"The doctor is on the phone again,offering to bring you some dinosaurs back. Professor!".
"Dr who, Miss Lemon? "

"He didn't say" she replied "but he's called thirteen times now & each time he sounds like a different person!"

post-5-0-22960300-1412170812_thumb.jpg

Professor Paul

That will be all from here for now; I've had problems with the game again today, it's good to know that it was saved for download here though.I may actually go for an improved version myself! I've had to completely delete all downloads, it all happened after I added the Haast's Eagle as a dl.

Professor Paul

I had to take out everything to get the game to work. It gives me the scope to build from new!

Professor Paul

A mountain for mountain creatures

post-5-0-09304000-1412270813_thumb.jpg

Love the Doctor Who reference!!!

Good luck with having to redo things...you've done a lot of great building!

Professor Paul

There were a couple of others;

Stan Winston created the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park and also did the special effects for the TV show Manimal. The hero of the show was Dr Jonathan Chase. He was supposed to be able to transform into any animal but he only ever became a black panther!

Willis O'Brien created the original King Kong & was mentor to Ray Harryhausen.

Gerald Durrell founded the Jersey Zoo, which pioneered captive breeding.

The Attenboroughs refer to Sir David & Lord Richard. Sir David is a pioneering wildlfe film maker, Lord Richard played Kris Kringle in Miracle on 34th Street & then John Hammond in Jurassic Park.

Johnny Morris was the host of a British TV prog called Animal Magic in which he played a zookeeper. The show had him providing voices for the animals. Percy Edwards was a professional animal imitator.

Little Grey Cells & Miss Lemon is a tribute to Hercule Poirot (Miss Lemon was his secretary)
Richard Owen & Gideon Mantell were pioneers in dinosaur studies in the 19th century.

I'm going to come back to the dinosaur zoo in due course from new; but for now I'm trying some new ideas .Call it Flippingnowe Hall mk2