Vondell's Current Projects

Vondell

1 hour ago, Fern said:

I doubt it was Vondell's red panda. That was only released in 2017. It was most likely the ZA one by WhitePanda who based his on the ones in the Auckland Zoo in New Zealand where he lived. It had a very good scenery pack as well.

Big whoops, thanks for the correction. xP

17 hours ago, Fern said:

Don't get me wrong. Vondell's panda is brilliant. WhitePanda's does need some uca editing.

His Panda is brilliant indeed, and so is the tortoise. Sometimes I wish Vondell would make some more animals.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
YoungerPrinceLothric

I love new foliage! Id be a liar if I said my dlupdate folder wasn't already full of foliage mods, but I'm always excited for more!

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
Creaking Skull

hello i'm new here and just wanted to say that you are the absolute best modder for ZT1, your animals fit perfectly with the vanilla animals while also looking unique. Love them

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Khaydar

How did you made sprites based on 3d models before Hendrix's Sprite rendering? Asking because your sprites seem more detailed than the ones I get with Hendrix's script. Do you have the 256 colours limitation?

HENDRIX
17 hours ago, Khaydar said:

How did you made sprites based on 3d models before Hendrix's Sprite rendering? Asking because your sprites seem more detailed than the ones I get with Hendrix's script. Do you have the 256 colours limitation?

The limitations are the same. Two possible causes for the differences to investigate:

1. sampling / filtering of textures in the materials - determines how crispy / noisy vs smooth your result becomes
  2. additional sharpening in compositing nodes

Khaydar
On 12/1/2022 at 3:57 PM, HENDRIX said:

The limitations are the same. Two possible causes for the differences to investigate:

1. sampling / filtering of textures in the materials - determines how crispy / noisy vs smooth your result becomes
  2. additional sharpening in compositing nodes

great ideas, they do make a difference in quality, however sharpening node should be avoided for surface animations as they ruin the surface/underwater junction points even at very low strength.

Not sure how exactly Vondell did it (hope he someday returns with lots of new content!); but he did it without any of the script which are now available.