Your Wishlist for "If I Could Improve How ZT1 Works..."

fountain

4. Enhanced living/feeding menu with food "boxes" or towers challenges for various animal groups.

5-1 Options for changing guest animal favorites or crowdpleasers according to a chosen zoo location. --Yes, it would be kind of stereotype based. Example: Australia-based zoo goers less impressed with kangaroo exhibits but happier about bison and certain other non indigenous animals. You could enter large cities as reference. That could also be a part of learning which animals are "near" those regions.

5-2 Option for guest favorites that will adjust the the guest favorites so when I am not playing a DD-themed game no DD animals are guest favorites.

6. Definitely adjust some animal life spans and make it a challenge to prevent and treat boredom for longer lived animals and highly intelligent animals. The guests thoughts of "overjoyed animal" would be influenced. "Happy living" animals would bring publicity and visitor increases and donations for a few months.

7. Have a zoo-to-wild program option for certain animals that brings credit to zoo & controls populations.

8. Have a seasonal realism option of fewer guests during colder months and, as a tycoon, adjusting guests amenities to counteract some of that.

9. Option for genetic research/selective breeding for reviving certain recent extinctions.

All the above go with the easier to manage maintenance guys so I don't have to micro-manage them.

10. i want a dumb guest warning when they congregate in circle behavior.

Savannahjan

These are all very thoughtful, fountain. I especially love that last one, a dumb guest warning for several reasons would be great. Such as, idiot guest #879 needs to use the restroom but won't go in; place them in an exhibit immediately.

So they eaten or learn to cooperate?

11-a Listing of animal game lifespans so the breeders could be sold or kept depending on sire/birth. Add an age line to individual animal's info.

11-b Save some food costs periodically feeding older prey animals to predators as some zoos feed recently slaughtered and sectioned cow to carnivores. it's helps with hunter instincts and reduces boredom. Apparently popular with real life child guests!

BTW I listened to a recent Nov?2016 with Burt Ward recalling his days as TV's Robin on Batman. (Earwolf & Gilbert Gotlieb(sp) podcast, Language & some topics warning) Filming an above a tiger pit sequence in the villain's lair. The tigers are not ferocious enough to film so raw meat is dangled near the actor. --I think he should have renegotiated his contract to include stunt pay!

• 2 weeks later...
Z.Z.
"1. Maintenance workers could be assigned to specific exhibits and tanks."

I slave zookeepers and maintenance workers to exhibits and tanks by locking them in.

They require at least 2 squares of walking space outside the gate in order to reset their scan, so I make a 3x3 indent, then use flowerbeds or rocks to lock them in.

This keeps them from wandering and they are always close enough to heal animals before they become very ill and infect other animals, and the fences are always repaired.

post-4437-0-73460200-1486145047_thumb.jpg

Z.Z.

1 "- Better path finding for guests. It's not too difficult to buy a zoo and have them get stuck."

2 "- maintenance workers wouldn't be wandering around on large grass areas where nothing has been built. They would not walk with two guys to the same thing to fix."

3 "- ability to determine where the portal between a regular and show tank should be"

4 "- better elevation, as in: even allow elevation for a single tile - individually. So you create the slope, not just pick one tile and have others adapt to how low/high you set it."

1 - Each tile has four sides, guests and staff walk on the right side of the tile until they reach a corner or obstacle, then they turn left. If there is an item on one corner of the tile, they will become stuck because there is no exit path for them on that tile.

I combat this by planting every 1/4 of a tile (four 1/4 tile plants or objects) or using full tile plants so they can not walk on the tile at all.

2 - To keep guests and staff from wandering in clear areas, I use the invisible fence along the path with a rock, flowerbed, tree or building at either end.

As long as it is not attached to other fences or make a complete circle, it will not become an exhibit.

3 - To force a show tank to place the portal where you want it, use a regular fence around the show tank area with the footprint on the outside of the area, leaving a space where you want the portal to appear.

Then place your show tank walls with the footprint on the inside of the area, placing the portal piece last, and it will appear there.

Then just remove the regular fencing.

4 - To make a stand alone slope, raise the terrain until you have the slope you want, then lower the rest of the terrain back down.

This can be done before you create the exhibit, or after you create the exhibit, but before is easier.

Hope these help :)

3 - To force a show tank to place the portal where you want it, use a regular fence around the show tank area with the footprint on the outside of the area, leaving a space where you want the portal to appear.

Then place your show tank walls with the footprint on the inside of the area, placing the portal piece last, and it will appear there.

Then just remove the regular fencing.

Never thought of that trick, great find! :)

Z.Z.

Never thought of that trick, great find! :)

You can also block the tank walls with flowerbeds on the outside, or marine rocks on the inside. Gates and portals will not appear on a wall section that is blocked. I made a tutorial for my Marine Show Complex strategy which may help :)

Savannahjan

Great tips, Z.Z. You are a pro, girl!