Newest Member
    Sladhued

• SKazoroski
    • bxdczoo
    • Luz21
    • TRIFORCE89

Supershy Animal Suggestions?

fountain

Suggestionson how to keep guests and Borean clouded leopard happy? The animal is feels overwhelmed by too many guests.

...Rats! Uploading problem will have to add screenshots later.

Whaat does "Error IO" Upload skipped?

post-21902-0-87102000-1436657407_thumb.jpg

post-21902-0-81679000-1436658044_thumb.jpg

I would use a high solid fence (like the concrete fence) for the exhibit and only put the see thru wall (like the glass or concrete/chain link fence) in the observation areas. I have found this to help with shy animals.

Cricket

And for the shy rainforest animals, I try to place their trees so that they have places to 'hide'. I also use a lot of the rainforest rock formation to block guest access from the sides.

I can't exactly see how big this exhibit is, but I think you already gave the leopards ample space to move away. Also, you already have extra space between platform and exhibit. I would only have the platform side open to the public. Close off the view from the other sides. (Not sure if the bridge effects happiness rating for the leopards.) Make sure there's plenty more to see on the other sides to keep the guests happy. Love this sneak peak into your cat zoo, by the way!

Professor Paul

Alternate the fence where they can be viewed, one solid piece followed by an area for viewing

I can't exactly see how big this exhibit is, but I think you already gave the leopards ample space to move away. Also, you already have extra space between platform and exhibit. I would only have the platform side open to the public. Close off the view from the other sides. (Not sure if the bridge effects happiness rating for the leopards.) Make sure there's plenty more to see on the other sides to keep the guests happy. Love this sneak peak into your cat zoo, by the way!

The bridge is the question because I figured it would give privacy to the animals and access for the guests, but the game may treat this bridge as "open". I also thought the invisible fence negated the shyness factor. Guess not.

BTW there is a supershy oncilla nearby.

No fence negates shyness. A fence is see-through or not. The invisible fence is see-through. It is also height 5 which is why animals cannot jump out. A solid fence is usually not see-through like the dino concrete fence. So for a shy dino I use both the dino concrete and the dino glass fence. For tigers I use a mix of concrete and plexi fences.

A solid exhibit fence of height 1 can be seen over the top of.

It gets tricky when you put a solid fence below ground (a pit exhibit) because the guest might see over/in it if the guest is higher than the fence top.

One way to tell what a guest can see is look to see if they are gawking into an exhibit or taking photos of an exhibit.

Thanks for all the suggestions! Thanks Fern for the info and the guest reactions.

I am learning alot from this particular zoo!

Fern, is the wooden bridge also considered open or see through so, of course, the shyest animals would be upset? Do animals react when Jane's ropeway is over their exhibit?

• 2 weeks later...
Savannahjan

I would like to know about the see-ability of the wooden bridge. Is there a list somewhere of the animals that get spooked by guests easily? That would be a useful tool when building.

The wooden bridge set by LA and Catfish is an illusion. The guests do not use it. They disappear at the entrance and reappear however many tiles away that the entrance is coded to move them. So they would not affect the animals at all.