Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• Fern
    • PollyPocketFan79
    • TRIFORCE89

Supershy Animal Suggestions?

fountain

I'm not so sure, Fern. Recent versions added an cExhibitViewer = 1 characteristic, didn't they? Or am I getting confused with another structure? So guests can see the animals. But I think the animal has to be in range of the entrance.

But guests cannot even stand on the bridge sections because guests cannot step off raised terrain for a start. So the only parts they would actually use are the entrance and exit and not the actual covered bridge part. So they would be seen at the exit and entrance by the animal. If guests could be made to step off raised terrain we would have programmed the lovely wooden jetty parts to be walked on a long time ago.

cExhibitViewer = 1 is only on the ai files but not on the two ucs parts. It is the ucs parts that go in the exhibit.

Looking at the description it states: "Thanks to a new found piece of programming code, if a bridge is created next to or over an exhibit, the guests will be able to view the exhibit and receive happiness bonuses, etc.. from inside the bridge!" However I checked with Jay and his comment was: "If you look in one of the entrance ".ai" files, you will see "cExhibitViewer = 1". That is probably the "new found piece of programming code" that they are referring to. The ZT program does look for cExhibitViewer. My guess is that guests inside buildings cannot see out of the building unless the configuration of the building has "cExhibitViewer = 1". But I suspect that does not do much good in the case of the wooden bridges. That is because I suspect ZT uses the slotpos values to determine how far the guest is from the animals. Since the bridge entrances use slotpos's of 0, it is like the guest is standing in the middle of the entrance and not in the middle of the tunnel (bridge). In any case, I do not know how far a guest can normally see, but I suspect that even the longest bridge is without that range. So if the animals feel crowded when the bridge is used, removing the bridge probably will not change the animals feeling crowded."

Like I said, it's the entrances that have this part, but I don't know how far guests see right from that spot. The slots are indeed both out of the exhibit, at least if you place them as they're meant to. But guests do see the animals. The middle parts are purely decoration.

I think I read somewhere it was 15 squares, but not sure if that's right. Also not sure whether it refers to tiles or 1/4th of a tile.

Neither Jay or I are sure how far into an exhibit guests see either. The entrances/exits would be no different from guests standing next to a fence as far as viewing goes. I believe one or two people have deliberately placed the exit in an exhibit just for a bit of guest chasing fun. lol

Remembers me of the time I accidentally put the swing in the wrong direction, with guests ending up in a tank :)

My recall is guests can see 10 sq ahead but I do not remember where I read that.