Truly_happy's Projects, Ideas and To-do's

Truly_happy

Truly_happy

Okay, here is what is happening:

1.  I create the file in APE 3.2, changing the images (which are now 8-bit) and description text.
  2. I test the file in game; it works, but the images don't line up where they should.
  3. I remove the new .ztd file from my dlupdate folder and extract the files.
  4. I open the top folder in Zoot, go to the "objects" folder where I fix the rotations.
  5. I close Zoot and create a new .ztd file with the "objects" and "scenery" folders and the fixed rotations.
  6. I put the new file in my game and it doesn't show up in the scenery catalog anymore.

See, it's before I even do anything to change it into a working building that things get messed up. What could be happening?

Z.Z.

1. Create the item in APE, set price, size, and guest likes, load in menu icons and item images, change descriptive text, save file, close APE.

2. Rename item from .ZTD to .ZIP, then extract the zip.

3. Open extracted folder, go to Objects folder, delete the IPAL and anything else below the other folders.

4. Go back to extracted folder, open Scenery folder, open Other folder, open .UCS file, edit file, save and close.

5. Open ZOOT, go to Objects folder, select Objects folder and open in ZOOT, click on Idle folder, click first view, click green diamond thing at top of ZOOT window, set item size, place item image to sit on ground directly above the bottom line of the sizing square, save to file, close and repeat for other three views, exit ZOOT.

6. Open WinRar, find item folder, select Objects and Scenery folders, select Add To - Zip File - At Best, click ok, then change file name from .ZIP to .ZTD, close WinRar.

7. Put ZTD item in dlupdates folder, open game. Item should be in the scenery menu (unless it is foliage or rock or something else).

NOTE: If you are making a building, the .UCS file needs to be changed to a .UCB file in WinRar before adding the Objects and Scenery folders to a zip file.

Hope this helps :)

Truly_happy

Z.Z., that all sounds right to me, but what did I do wrong?

EDIT: One thing looks different: instead of changing .ztd to .zip, I have 7-zip set up to open and extract contents from .ztd files. I do, however, always change the .zip to .ztd before putting it into my dlupdate folder.

Z.Z.

Im not sure what you have done wrong, the procedure I outlined above always works for me.

I do not have 7-zip, so I am not sure if that is the issue or not.

Do you change the zip to ztd in WinRar, or just rename the zip in your folder? I do it in WinRar.

Also, changing the .UCS file to .UCB I believe needs to be done with the Command in Winrar.

• Thanks 1

Truly_happy
1 hour ago, Z.Z. said:

Im not sure what you have done wrong, the procedure I outlined above always works for me.

I do not have 7-zip, so I am not sure if that is the issue or not.

Do you change the zip to ztd in WinRar, or just rename the zip in your folder? I do it in WinRar.

Also, changing the .UCS file to .UCB I believe needs to be done with the Command in Winrar.

Lol, I don't have WinRAR. I change the extention in the folder. You know, the problem may be that I use the .7z extention instead of .zip when packaging the new file, so I'm really going from .7z to .ztd. Must be the problem. I'll try compressing the stuff into a .zip from now on.

Z.Z.

Ok, try that and let me know what happens.

I think Cricket is the person who gave me WinRar and taught me how to use it, so if you want to do it the way I outlined it above, you could probably ask her for a copy. :)

• Like 1

Truly_happy

It was my (mis)use of the .7z extension that was causing the problem. I now have a lovely working family restroom. Thank you! Now I can really get to work making doors. =)

• Love 1

Truly_happy
On 12/27/2020 at 9:44 PM, Cricket said:

Never mind.  Looks like WinRar can open the files :D

Hm. I know this is from some months back, but I am curious if WinRAR opens the file as a layered image. I saved those pics as .RLI files because they support layers. By the way, Real-world paint does work on Win10.

Z.Z.
1 hour ago, Truly_happy said:

I now have a lovely working family restroom.

Awesome! :D

Cricket
26 minutes ago, Truly_happy said:

Hm. I know this is from some months back, but I am curious if WinRAR opens the file as a layered image. I saved those pics as .RLI files because they support layers. By the way, Real-world paint does work on Win10.

WinRar s/b comparable to the 7Zip that you use.  It extracted the.zip file with the contents you included.  I only saw one image that was in .rli format.  The rest were .png and .bmp format with a .gif here and there.  My graphics program can handle layered images.  I haven't yet checked to see if it can open the .rli format.  I'll let you know when I do.

• Like 1