Empty squares in the Developer Menu

HeatherL

There are 12 empty squares when I open the developer menu.  What am I doing wrong?

From Jay:

I assume she clicked the "Unlock Everything" button and does not have the Developer Map Editor Hack installed. If that is the case, that is not a problem. The download description for the Developer Menu Hack (which is different than the Developer Map Editor Hack) says:

"... When the Developer Menu is closed and reopened after clicking the "Unlock Everything" button, zoo walls, zoo entrances, and admission booths will also be available to add to zoos. However, they should not be used without the Developer Map Editor Hack because they cannot be deleted without a map editor hack and they can cause ZT to become confused if they are added to a zoo, especially for the zoo entrances. If you do not have a map editor hack, their icons in the Developer Menu will be a generic wall icon for the zoo walls and blank icons for the zoo entrances and admission booths. So they should be easy to avoid using. ..."

• Thanks 1

That is exactly what I did, so that makes perfect sense.  I  read the menu hack description to try to figure it out myself but didn't think to reread the developer hack part of it.  Thank you both, Fern & Jay.

9 hours ago, Fern said:

From Jay:

I assume she clicked the "Unlock Everything" button and does not have the Developer Map Editor Hack installed. If that is the case, that is not a problem. The download description for the Developer Menu Hack (which is different than the Developer Map Editor Hack) says:

"... When the Developer Menu is closed and reopened after clicking the "Unlock Everything" button, zoo walls, zoo entrances, and admission booths will also be available to add to zoos. However, they should not be used without the Developer Map Editor Hack because they cannot be deleted without a map editor hack and they can cause ZT to become confused if they are added to a zoo, especially for the zoo entrances. If you do not have a map editor hack, their icons in the Developer Menu will be a generic wall icon for the zoo walls and blank icons for the zoo entrances and admission booths. So they should be easy to avoid using. ..."

I need pictures because I do not understand at all how this supposed to work.  "...generic wall icon" makes no sense to me. I tried to bulldoze outside the wall w/o the menu hack because I figured blank icon would useful in not doing the wrong thing. When the menu hack was in, still no results even though i kept reviewing & dividing it into steps.  So I  gave up & removed both hacks from dlupdate.

BTW the other game I was doing on the kid's freeform map crashed last night when I was filling in foliage for gcScarletMacCaw.  No guests were within 20 sq of sight but the zookeeper was in the exhibit w the birds.  That is the 2nd game to crash while putting in foliage. I used in-game rainforest + Catfish tropical & aux tropical foliage. I am certain I did not use Brandi's 15th Anniv in that exhibit.  I did not attempt any map editing changes.  Perhaps a conflict between in-game SE Asia foliage & these foilage dls.  I may have attempted to add the Puerto Rico foliage to exhibit but I do not think those dls count toward suitability. I often use the PR flora  for general decor in Caribbean & SA areas of zoos. --So I guess I will be sending 2 zoos when I figure out how to PM.

Thanks.

There cannot be a conflict between ingame and user made foliage cos the ingame id system is different from user made. Ingame files are .ai and user made foliage would be a .ucs. You cannot delete the outer wall and gate without having the map editor in the game.

Maybe Caddie when he comes in can show you what he does since I am not that familiar. Or if you are a member of DD you could ask Jay directly. He is good at rewording things so you understand.

• Thanks 1

caddienoah

Fountain, sorry saw this just now. Let me go through the thread and I'll make notes on the procedure that I do, working with the Developer Menu.

• Love 1

No need to apologize Caddie.  My short-term memory seems to switch off when I get migraines &/or physical tremors.  Migraines do cause physical changes in the/my brain over the years. Plus active concentrating on physical movements that use to be second nature leaves less for understanding instructions. R-O-Y-A-L pain.  However, I do seem to be learning movement patterns that re-enable me to do simple cooking and self care that lessen the struggle against gravity and unwanted motions; I am building a new second nature.

It would also help if detailed walk thru instruction on doing PM would be posted, too.

caddienoah

Fountain,  you do a darn good zoo for having all these problems. You are one of my heros! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Will be back with info for you.

• Love 1

Fern, I realized I have also confused Jay's Developer Menu hack w Lowenfrau's Developer Menu Items from ZT, DD, & MM.  Lowenfrau's items are still okay to use in zoos but for workbench/zoo map editing Jay's program have fewer problems. Do I have that right?

(Dear Caddie, I will still the assistance to make it through w Jay's files.  I'd like to adjust the Conifer Bridge Map to a subtropical mountain area.  Someday I'd like to do a temperate rainforest map of the Olympic Peninsula, WA or similar & a New Zealand biomes map.)

I can alter the  workbench if you like? 

I am working on a thread on how to do workbenches. You are not the only one who wants to do workbenches. I'll start with Jay's Developer Hack...and then on how to do a workbench.

I'll put it the screenshot section at Tek.

• Like 1
  • Love 1